When should I book my hotel in Singapore? Sooner or later?

Croptop

I'm booked on the Sapphire Princess for a 10-day round trip cruise out of Singapore on 30 December 2017. I've got my plane tickets booked so now it's time to find some pre- and post-cruise accommodations. I need to book a 3-night stay pre-cruise and a 1-night stay post cruise.

My question is this: am I better off finding the best price that I can find NOW and booking it or is there a better window sometime in the future that I should wait for before booking my rooms?

I tend to book as early as possible for Singapore and we have found in the past quite often prices skyrocket in the last couple of weeks before arriving, especially if there are events planned and you will be there around Xmas time.

Try and book a hotel that has free cancellation policy and then keep checking as that is what we usually do unless the price initially offered is too good to pass up.

As you are probably aware Singapore hotels are quite expensive (for what you get) when compared with a lot of other Asian Cities.

I booked our Singapore hotel just after I booked cruise and air well in advance and got a great deal, luckily so, as pricing only rose the closer we got. We stayed at the Royal Plaza on Scott's Road and loved the hotel and especially the location.

Just something to consider.....Since our flight was arriving at 2:30am I booked the room starting the day before and let them know we would be a next day early morning arrival....Many had posted this advice to not take the chance and end up having to wait until normal check in time at 3:00pm for your room to be available....Something you should consider depending on your arrival time at any Singapore hotel.