Getting to/coming back to pier from BLUE KAY

ktbmhb

In need of a little clarification on how to get to and come back from Blue Kay. If I read correctly I can take one of those people movers up to Senor Frogs and then I have to walk over to Blue Kay? Is this correct? I believe I read this on Mitsygirls page.

Thanks for the help, we will be 3 women.

Edited by ktbmhb

I copied this (below) from a post by Mitsugirly - she wrote a fabulous review, very worthwhile reading if you are considering Blue Kay.

The malecon and Blue Kay are about 5-7 minutes from the port using a taxi or the open air taxi/trolley/bus. It cost $3 per adult to ride and super easy to do. Blue Kay is the very first place on the Malecon and the first stop the trolley makes will be Senor Frogs, which is right beside Blue Kay. For a description and complete review of Blue Kay, along with tons of pictures, you can find that listed in my signature line.

In need of a little clarification on how to get to and come back from Blue Kay. If I read correctly I can take one of those people movers up to Senor Frogs and then I have to walk over to Blue Kay? Is this correct? I believe I read this on Mitsygirls page.

Thanks for the help, we will be 3 women.

We just got back from it. We took the $3/person cab to Blue Kay and walked back.

I do NOT recommend walking back using the route closet to the beach as shown on the google map below

we made the mistake of doing that...while the walk wasn't bad at all..when we go the port, the back entrance was all gate with chain link fence with razor wire and high wall.....thankfully we were able to yell at some worker who happened to be working in the back and they were able to flag down a security guard to unlock the gates...

Apparently he hasn't come across any other tourists being on the "wrong" side like that....thank god they came to my rescue cuz my wife was about to kill me.

1219345007_ScreenShot2016-01-18at10_03_21AM.jpg.a189cd73fb20d0190a3063a560f9ad66.jpg

We just got back from it. We took the $3/person cab to Blue Kay and walked back.

I do NOT recommend walking back using the route closet to the beach as shown on the google map below

we made the mistake of doing that...while the walk wasn't bad at all..when we go the port, the back entrance was all gate with chain link fence with razor wire and high wall.....thankfully we were able to yell at some worker who happened to be working in the back and they were able to flag down a security guard to unlock the gates...

Apparently he hasn't come across any other tourists being on the "wrong" side like that....thank god they came to my rescue cuz my wife was about to kill me.

How did you enjoy your day at Blue Kay? How was the clarity of the water? We will be there on the 28th? Thank You!!

How did you enjoy your day at Blue Kay? How was the clarity of the water? We will be there on the 28th? Thank You!!

Eh, the weather wasn't great so it was just "eh". I think if the weather is nice it should be good. I think the best part of it was the quietness. It wasn't packed like the other places we've gone to at different ports.

Their menu has prices in pesos and in dollars. Ask to pay in pesos and give your credit card. You'll get a much rate. I almost got 17 pesos to 1 usd vs their exchange rate of about 10 pesos to a dollars.

We ordered nachos with steak. It was really good and the steak was very tender and tasty. The drinks I got (daquiry and marguitta) were "eh."

All in all, I can't complain for 17 or 18 bucks we spent there for the nachos and couple of drinks.

Also, if you want to get a beachside massage, there was a dude with a station set up there (he claimed to be a licensed chiropractor also) right at the beach. Price quoted was 45 bucks for "about an hour".

OP-yep, just catch the $3 shuttle bus (they have several and run consecutively) and head to the Senior Frogs stop and walk over. When you are ready to leave, just tell you waiter or the bar staff or any of the workers and they will call you a cab, which will pull up right out front of Blue Kay. Have a wonderful day! :)

1) Do you need reservations for Blue Kay?

2) Any problems with the accepting US dollars instead of Pesos?

3) If they're full, is there someplace else I can walk to?

Arriving via NCL Star in Feb.

Thanks in advance!

1) Do you need reservations for Blue Kay?

2) Any problems with the accepting US dollars instead of Pesos?

3) If they're full, is there someplace else I can walk to?

Arriving via NCL Star in Feb.

Thanks in advance!

1. No reservation required (or taken probably)

2. You can use USD cash or card but Remeber they will give u horrible cash USD exchange rates.

3. I saw a resort next door and I think there is senor frog next by

Hubby and I did not encounter much seaweed on the beach at Blue Kay (Jan21st). We took a cab ($2/pp) to/from. We just walked in, headed over to the beach, and picked out our palapa/lounges. Our fabulous host, Max, gave us a menu and told us to enjoy our time there. Which we definitely did. After a few hours, several drinks, guacamole, and a huge ceviche lunch, our bill was only $39US. We had an enjoyable time there.

BTW, the snorkeling is okay at Blue Kay. The water was clear. I did see a cool looking cowfish there. I've also posted pictures of our time there on my blog (link below). Enjoy!

Edited by 2BCruising