America's Cup teams are here training

Charles4515

There is an official America's Cup store at the Dockyard and another in Hamilton selling Cup hats, shirts and the like.

There's actually 2 at the dockyard. The one near the ferry dock was very limited on XL in their shirts. The other one is at the area of grass next to the water by the Clock Tower Mall in a small building. It is basically directly across the water from the other one.

The Dockyard ones carry mostly Sail Racing brand and AS Cooper Man in Hamilton carries vineyard vine brand. Those are the ones I saw, there may be more.

Missed them by a week. They were in Chicago racing last weekend.

The Chicago racing was good, even saw two of the boats capsize!

I guess they disassemble the boats and fly them to another city?

Some teams have multiple boats, USA Oracle being one of them so they leave one in Bermuda. The boats used in Chicago were probably loaded on a freighter and shipped to Great Britain for the next race.

We arrive in Bermuda on the 27th. Will they still be around?

Three teams have bases now in Bermuda. Artemis, Oracle and SoftBank. They don't train every day. This week we saw them Wednesday and Thursday in the afternoon and not at the same time. We only saw them a few minutes when they were returning to their base. So I would not make a plan on seeing the boats.

If anyone is in Bermuda next Saturday June 25, there is an event. The three teams will be racing the course which ends at the Dockyard and they will have open houses at their bases.

The World Series boats are a one design fleet of boats that travel to the different ws venues. They are branded for the 6 teams. They are NOT used in Bermuda for training. The boats in Bermuda, and at other teams current bases, are not the same boats. They are the development/prototypes that each team is developing for the finals next year. They are not one design, even though they may look similar. These turbos are actually faster than the boats seen in Chicago last week, and many have designed steerage with wheels rather than a tiller. It's honestly fantastic having the 3 teams here... They've really become part of the community. Oracle, Artemis currently have two Turbos and are working on third, BAR in UK have already launched their T3. SoftBank are currently developing T2.

The 3 Bermuda teams will be out all next week practice racing on next year's course along with Iain Murray's AC Race management team. Dockyard is in for a treat!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Coli

The boats in Bermuda, and at other teams current bases, are not the same boats. They are the development/prototypes that each team is developing for the finals next year.

Interesting.

I see NBC is showing racing from Chicago today, but I thought it was televised last weekend? Our listing says today's racing is a "new" program, although the guide data is often wrong.

Interesting.

I see NBC is showing racing from Chicago today, but I thought it was televised last weekend? Our listing says today's racing is a "new" program, although the guide data is often wrong.

Hi Paul,

NBC was showing a recap show of Chicago's racing this weekend. Hope this makes sense. The AC development boats were out racing today in Great Sound and it's Newport-Bermuda week here as well. Lots of sail boats in Bermuda!

NBC was showing a recap show of Chicago's racing this weekend. Hope this makes sense. The AC development boats were out racing today in Great Sound and it's Newport-Bermuda week here as well. Lots of sail boats in Bermuda!

Yeah, we figured out the show was a recap of last week's racing. I think the next round of World Series racing is the third weekend in July.