trying to plan our 3 day itinerary

Profix

Looking for some info and suggestions

Day 1 Taking Ferry over to St. George and walking to Tobacco bay, this way we can see things (photo Ops) along the way. Spending some time there. then either (1) heading to swizzle inn for later lunch and off to Hamilton for habour nights. or (2) take the ferry back to the ship, hangout on the ship a while then head over to Hamilton (via Ferry?) does anyone have photos or know where I can see more about habour nights. also what is the cost per trip for the ferry and buses?

Day 2 Horseshoe Bay (walking south to see other beaches) and then if we don't do swizzle inn, then off to swizzle in for lunch or dinner.

Day 3 Spend time near or at the yard shopping and maybe snokel.. ?

what are your thoughts or do you have any other suggestions. this is our 1st time to Bermuda and we'd like to make the most of it.

Your general plan sounds good to me.

If you don't do the Swizzle Inn on day 1, are just returning to the cruise ship for lunch or ..... ??? To plan better, there are only 3 ferries from Saint George to the Dockyard on day 1 @ 1PM, 3:30PM, & 5:30PM

The bus and ferry each cost a $4.50 token P/P every time you board one unless you buy a Transportation Pass.

On day 2, it would be best to go to Warwick Long Bay Beach first and then walk the path to Horseshoe Bay because HSB has the facilities.

If you don't do the Swizzle Inn on day 1, there is a SI close to the South Shore beaches (Horseshoe Bay) on South Rd. It serves the same menu and saves you travel time across Bermuda.

For Harbour Nights, read here:

Don't over do it; gives you a reason to return.

SBtS

We just got back from Bermuda on Sunday. Your plan is similar to the one we had, but, unfortunately, due to bad weather the day we arrived, the ferry to St George was not running, and Harbour Night was cancelled (Boo!!). We decided to take the ferry to Hamilton, then the bus to the Caves, and had lunch at the Swizzle Inn. I was pretty disappointed with missing both St George and Harbour Night.

Luckily, the next 2 days were beautiful. We did the walk from Warwick to Horseshoe Bay. We got an early start, about 9am, and opted for the $7 shuttle. The shuttle did drop us off at Warwick, after letting everyone off at Horseshoe. Warwick was absolutely beautiful (sure wish I knew how to post pictures!) and empty! We pretty much had the beach to ourselves and spent a lot of time there before moving on. Jobson's Cove was pretty crowded so we just stopped for photos and moved on. We stopped at a few beaches along the way, and as we got closer to Horseshoe, the beaches got more crowded. Horseshoe was super crowded from end to end, and the concession lines were long. We rinsed off, changed, and grabbed the shuttle back to the Dockyard with some time left to stop at Clocktower mall before they closed at 5:00.

Something I would like to mention about the walk from Warwick to Horseshoe - Keep your eyes open and look for the small path towards the left, not the wide sandy path that is much more obvious. The views were absolutely stunning!

I did a lot of research on this, reading plenty of reviews. A bunch of reviews mentioned coming across a parking lot and ending up on the street. I noticed Mitsugirly did not, which is how I knew to look for the tiny path. I cant say for certain that you wont get those views from the larger path, but that was not a chance I was willing to take! Warwick, Jobson's Cove, Stonehole Bay and Chaplin Bay were all pretty connected. I believe the small path started after Chaplin Bay. Here's a link to SBtS's Beach Map (such a great reference, thank you!!!):

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m38/SailBadtheSinner/Bermuda/BeachPathV3.jpg

Our plan for the last day was to go back to Warwick for a few hours before the ship left, but unfortunately, despite applying an entire bottle of sunblock to my body, I was badly sunburnt and did not want to risk more sun exposure. We stayed at the Dockyard and wandered around, grabbed a couple of drinks at Calico Jacks and watched everyone jump off the plank!

We just got back from Bermuda on Sunday. Your plan is similar to the one we had, but, unfortunately, due to bad weather the day we arrived, the ferry to St George was not running, and Harbour Night was cancelled (Boo!!). We decided to take the ferry to Hamilton, then the bus to the Caves, and had lunch at the Swizzle Inn. I was pretty disappointed with missing both St George and Harbour Night.

Luckily, the next 2 days were beautiful. We did the walk from Warwick to Horseshoe Bay. We got an early start, about 9am, and opted for the $7 shuttle. The shuttle did drop us off at Warwick, after letting everyone off at Horseshoe. Warwick was absolutely beautiful (sure wish I knew how to post pictures!) and empty! We pretty much had the beach to ourselves and spent a lot of time there before moving on. Jobson's Cove was pretty crowded so we just stopped for photos and moved on. We stopped at a few beaches along the way, and as we got closer to Horseshoe, the beaches got more crowded. Horseshoe was super crowded from end to end, and the concession lines were long. We rinsed off, changed, and grabbed the shuttle back to the Dockyard with some time left to stop at Clocktower mall before they closed at 5:00.

Something I would like to mention about the walk from Warwick to Horseshoe - Keep your eyes open and look for the small path towards the left, not the wide sandy path that is much more obvious. The views were absolutely stunning!

I did a lot of research on this, reading plenty of reviews. A bunch of reviews mentioned coming across a parking lot and ending up on the street. I noticed Mitsugirly did not, which is how I knew to look for the tiny path. I cant say for certain that you wont get those views from the larger path, but that was not a chance I was willing to take! Warwick, Jobson's Cove, Stonehole Bay and Chaplin Bay were all pretty connected. I believe the small path started after Chaplin Bay. Here's a link to SBtS's Beach Map (such a great reference, thank you!!!):

Our plan for the last day was to go back to Warwick for a few hours before the ship left, but unfortunately, despite applying an entire bottle of sunblock to my body, I was badly sunburnt and did not want to risk more sun exposure. We stayed at the Dockyard and wandered around, grabbed a couple of drinks at Calico Jacks and watched everyone jump off the plank!

you were 15mins away from St George when you were at Swizzle?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks so much for the tips, everybody! So helpful to newbies. :)