Go Pro Accessory Question

charlie52

I have seen videos on CC filmed with a GoPro mounted somehow on the balcony. Not sure if it was mounted on the rail, on a chair or what?? Can anyone tell me what accessory you used to attach. I had thought of using the GoPro flexible clamp but I fear that it would not open wide enough. Thanks!

I have seen videos on CC filmed with a GoPro mounted somehow on the balcony. Not sure if it was mounted on the rail, on a chair or what?? Can anyone tell me what accessory you used to attach. I had thought of using the GoPro flexible clamp but I fear that it would not open wide enough. Thanks!

For a time lapse, I used the flexible clamp on the back of a chair (turned the chair around so the back was facing the balcony rail. It puts the camera above the rail. The flexible clamp would not fit on a balcony rail. I would also be afraid of it slipping on the varnished wood and my GoPro taking a dive. Suction cup accessory would probably work, but I'd still be afraid of it letting go and my $400 GoPro going overboard.

For timelapses I used the vehicle suction mount along with the goose neck arm to mount on the glass. Also be sure to use a tether the camera to the railing.

This.

When it falls, before the words "oh, shi..." come out of your mouth it will be in the water and 40 feet deep.

It is not heavy and basically and string or yarn will serve as a tether.

I had brought a bungee cord for a tether. As I set it up, the tether went boing! It flew out of my hand and landed on the Lanai deck below from deck 10! My heart skipped a beat because there were people down there. I don't think I'll be doing it like that again lol.

There are several aftermarket tethers of varying length. I use a 12 inch tether that fits around the wooden balcony railing. The vehicle suction cup goes on the inside glass. If the mount falls, the GoPro will stay inside the balcony area. Works like a charm every time.

Edited by Tommy3putts

• 2 weeks later...