Shore excursions questions 1st timer

515kitty

1) If we book ahead how long to change or cancel before being charged?

2) Where do I find out times when the tours depart?

3) If doing a basic 101 tour will we be able to book once on board? Doing the Caribbean

Edited by 515kitty

1) If we book ahead how long to change or cancel before being charged? You are charged at the time of booking ..you can cancel up to 36 hr prior I believe

2) Where do I find out times when the tours depart? should be in the excursions for your cruise

3) If doing a basic 101 tour will we be able to book once on board? Doing the Caribbean

You probably can

You can also join your roll call for the cruise & maybe share private tours with others also plenty of people at the dock to take you on a tour

Lyn

Edited by LHT28

You probably can

You can also join your roll call for the cruise & maybe share private tours with others also plenty of people at the dock to take you on a tour

Lyn

I agree with Lyn. Join your roll call and share tours with others, much cheaper and more enjoyable especially in the Carib. What cruise are you on and when? Perhaps we can give you some hints.

I also think the tours are refundable up to 36 hours before and if perhaps you have On board credits you can pay for tours you book on board. Also the time and duration of the tours are listed on your "already booked" section on O website. Just sign in with your booking number etc.

Also, unless things have changed mightily since our last Caribbean cruise (which WAS quite a while ago) you can grab a cab and barter for a price. These ports are easy to do on your own. You can also meet up with one or two others to help on the price.

I think the cancellation time for ship's tours is 48 hours for a refund. (We've never cancelled one and we don't take many anyway, so I could be wrong on that.) We tend to book ship's tours on board as well.

A Roll Call is invaluable assistance in figuring out what to do in ports. (That doesn't just go for Oceania!)

Mura

As you can see I have been on CC for almost 10 years and have done many cruises but just not with Oceania and I have never used ship tours. I usually book private or with ship mates. Just looking at this cruise to be very relaxing but want to know what my options are. I am thinking that I probably can wait as the tours I was looking at are pretty basic tours. If there are any tips for Oceania would also love to hear about them.

In that case I would suggest that you may not be interested in O's tours anyway. They tend to be very overpriced, as many others have pointed out. Sometimes it's worth it, but in the Caribbean -- probably not.

We are using some on our next cruise since we have the OLife benefit and most of the ports are places we've already visited. Even though we tend to avoid ship's tours, in this case for $300pp we have several tours that would have cost us far more. We will do two private tours in ports where we have used guides before, other than that we'll use the ship's tours.

But that is unusual for us!

Mura

As you can see I have been on CC for almost 10 years and have done many cruises but just not with Oceania and I have never used ship tours. I usually book private or with ship mates. Just looking at this cruise to be very relaxing but want to know what my options are. I am thinking that I probably can wait as the tours I was looking at are pretty basic tours. If there are any tips for Oceania would also love to hear about them.

Oceania tours are just like any other cruise line except more $$

If you normally do private tours or DIY it is no different in the Caribbean or on Oceania

There is nothing more we can add to this. You give us no indication of your itinerary and as you stated you usually do DIY. What more can we help you with?