Hawaii port wi-fi question

vacationmommy

We are going on the grand in October for the 15 day Hawaii trip , I was wondering is there free wi- fi in ports or close to them?We will need with- fi for school work stuff while gone and. I do not want to get slow on ship internet at such a high cost with little guarantee that it will transmit assignment and such. Thank you

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just got off the Grand today. There are Starbucks near each cruise port. You also will have 4G access from the ship at each port. The only downside is there are lots of sea days. Four going over, and essentially six (Encenada is a foreign port and will not have wifi access) returning. You will. Of have access, unless you pay for it on the ship.

........ Four going over, and essentially six (Encenada is a foreign port and will not have wifi access) returning. You will. Of have access, unless you pay for it on the ship.

There are places in Ensenada (Papa and Beers is one) that have free wifi. In our experience it wasn't much better than the ship wifi. :cool:

You may wish to get a Hawaii library card. If I recall, a visitor card is about $25 and good for 5 years. You can then get free wifi at the libraries. In Lahaina, it is literally across the street from the tender dropoff. In Hilo, there is one downtown. In Oahu, there are a number of branches -- plus Apple stores in Waikiki and Ala Moana, both of which will have free wifi. In Kauai, the best library branches are in Koloa and Lihue.

Also, McDonalds has free wifi too -- a lot faster than Starbucks.

And in Kauai, you can also get free wifi at the Kukui Grove shopping mall. Take the Kmart shuttle and it is next door.

You may wish to get a Hawaii library card. If I recall' date=' a visitor card is about $25 and good for 5 years. You can then get free wifi at the libraries. In Lahaina, it is literally across the street from the tender dropoff. In Hilo, there is one downtown. In Oahu, there are a number of branches -- plus Apple stores in Waikiki and Ala Moana, both of which will have free wifi. In Kauai, the best library branches are in Koloa and Lihue.

Also, McDonalds has free wifi too -- a lot faster than Starbucks.

And in Kauai, you can also get free wifi at the Kukui Grove shopping mall. Take the Kmart shuttle and it is next door.[/quote']

At the risk of being accused of hijacking the thread: If you to into a coffee shop/MickeyD's, etc, to use the wifi, please also buy a small drink. It's just an accepted courtesy for using their wifi :) Remember - someone is "paying" so you can use the "free" wifi...