30 days out

inco

I realize availability and cabin choice will be limited for sure, but what sort of pricing might be had? Comparing a balcony or OV to pre 90 day window pricing and then just before the actual cruise date.

I ask because we would like to do a cruise this fall but might not be able to travel until less than 30 days from departure. Are prices good? Last minute discounts? :confused:

I realize availability and cabin choice will be limited for sure, but what sort of pricing might be had? Comparing a balcony or OV to pre 90 day window pricing and then just before the actual cruise date.

I ask because we would like to do a cruise this fall but might not be able to travel until less than 30 days from departure. Are prices good? Last minute discounts? :confused:

Yes and No to all of the above....seriously, discounts normally come into effect depending on how a cruise is booking up....Cruising 101 dictates that any cruise line wants to sail with a ship as full as possible. They have metrics they basically follow that dictate "by such and such a date, we should be 50% booked...." as the cruise date comes closer, they should be more and more full....if they are surpassing these metrics, there will be no/barely any discounts (no reason to, right?). If on the other hand they get 30 days out and their metrics say they should be 90% full (picking that out of the air) and they are only 75% full, yea, you will probably see a good "deal" for you to book on that cruise

Edited by First and Ten

Although it's possible, don't count on it. If it happens, you'll be thrilled. If it doesn't, you'll be prepared.

Bookings are strong along all lines and the true deeply discounted fares (whether before or after final payment date) are dwindling. What may seem like a discount likely isn't if you've been tracking fares.

Popular ships with popular itineraries will always sell well. I had been eyeing one for almost a year and the prices were fairly stable and then started to climb as final payment date drew near.... and then stayed there all they way up until selling out shortly thereafter.

Pick an unpopular ship with an unpopular itinerary and you might have more luck.

Edited by StolidCruiser

In my experience with carnival, the opposite is true. Very few last minute discounts. Boats completely sold out. If you're going to have any luck choose a popular port and and very common sailing. For example Port Canaveral just going to Nassau and Freeport.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk