Platinum check in Southhampton

wanderingjew

I don't recall that being mentioned on any documents.

It isn't - they think that, by the time you're Platinum, you'll know to expect a different line to check in!:)

You just ask which check-in line is for Platinum members

Go down the roped off passage to the left, there are normally only a few people checking in there. If you join the long, zig-zagging queue then you're in the wrong place. Although the entrance to the Platinum check in is directly at the side of the main queue,

Have your card handy, in case they ask.

They've never asked me - I don't have a recent card anyway. My last card was issued in 2003 and still has my old WC number on it. (Also I'm Platinum but Paul isn't. They've never queried him checking in at the Platinum just - Just let them try:mad: ):D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oahucruiser

I don't recall that being mentioned on any documents.

It isn't - they think that, by the time you're Platinum, you'll know to expect a different line to check in!

Quote:

You just ask which check-in line is for Platinum members

Or you might find them asking if your a Grill passenger, iv never heard them asking for Platinum members, But none the less, its still quite nice the priority checkin as you bypass the long line of waiting passengers.and then wait and wait and wait in the lounge !!!!

I don't recall that being mentioned on any documents. You just ask which check-in line is for Platinum members and have your card handy, in case they ask.

you will see a sign saying vip/grill pax usually at the far end of the checkin!!!!

They've never asked me - I don't have a recent card anyway. My last card was issued in 2003 and still has my old WC number on it. (Also I'm Platinum but Paul isn't. They've never queried him checking in at the Platinum just - Just let them try:mad: ):D

I think you will find Malcolm that if someone is sharing your Stateroom,they will get the same entitlements as you , my Dad normaly does and he,s a Gold Member

regards,

Gavin :cool:

I think you will find Malcolm that if someone is sharing your Stateroom,they will get the same entitlements as you

I Know - I'm just imagining the ruckus I'd cause if they said I could check in on one queue whilst he had to go and wait at the other!:)

Of course if you are fortunate to do a back to back cruise, which in October lm doing the mini Zebrugge and 2 weeks to the med, You can on the 2nd cruise walk past everybody and depending on the time either use the crew gangway!! or the Midships lobby entrance and have lunch in one of the Grills, Did that last year and enjoyed it so much lm doing it again:D

cheers

Myles

Of course if you are fortunate to do a back to back cruise, which in October lm doing the mini Zebrugge and 2 weeks to the med, You can on the 2nd cruise walk past everybody and depending on the time either use the crew gangway!! or the Midships lobby entrance and have lunch in one of the Grills, Did that last year and enjoyed it so much lm doing it again:D

cheers

Myles

I hope to see you on the 2 night trip Myles !:D

regards,

Gavin :cool:

• 4 weeks later...

I called documentation today for May 18 TA...cards are still on hold. Does anyone know why they are not issuing new cards with new numbers? How long has it been since Carnival had the reigns.

Platinum but do not seem to feel like it. First time I knew we even had priority check in.:confused:

I called documentation today for May 18 TA...cards are still on hold. Does anyone know why they are not issuing new cards with new numbers?

They at Cunard towers are relaunching the World club later this year with new memberships cards and improved benefits.... They havent said what they are or exactly when the cards are being dispatched, But based on how Cunard operate lets not hold our breath....:rolleyes:

They at Cunard towers are relaunching the World club later this year with new memberships cards and improved benefits

Isn't that what they said about three years ago? I've still not had a card following the last relaunch!:rolleyes:

Isn't that what they said about three years ago? I've still not had a card following the last relaunch!

Yes lm sure it is, But lm sure the new improved benefits will be worth the wait... Improved discounts... faster more exclusive priority boarding, more regular issues of the Cunarder.... improved onboard benefits... new designed badges.... and priority upgrades.....the list goes on....

Guess we can all dream l suppose:rolleyes:

Carnival who really is the corporate aquires Cunard. If they have the Fun Pass down to a science why is now so hard for anything from World Club?

Before the handover it was so easy....now no Cunarder, no pins, no followup on past passengers, no card, no tickets just manifests.....YIPES

I am no longer expecting anything that way no disappointment. May 18 TA Westbound though with Celebrity TA April 13 Eastbound.

Archived