FALMOUTH -Trolley Tour, Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville and Shopping

Elaine515

From reading the below on Falmouth, I am pretty sure that we can do the Trolley Tour, hang out at Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville and have time for some shopping as we are there from 9 - 5.

First, please someone advise if I'm correct - that we have time for all that..

And if yes, is the Margaritaville almost the same as all his others, free pool/lounges/music ? Do they have people coming around to take your food and drink orders ? Are there enough lounge chairs for everyone? Do they rent cabanas and if yes, anyone know how much?

Can anyone also tell me if we get off and on the trolley, and again, if yes, how difficult is it to get on and off... My Mom is 81 years old and sometimes its hard for her to get up and down a lot.. Does anyone know how much the trolley costs ? I went to the link that was provided and it says RESERVE but doesn't give the amount...

And lastly, is shopping right there on the pier or Margaritaville or how far away?

Any information would be very appreciated. Thank You...

I'm not sure, but I don't think the Trolly tour in Falmouth is HOHO. I think it's just a ride around tour.

Margaritaville is not that large. I don't think there are cabanas or anything like that. It's definitely not like the facility at Grand Turk if that's what you are thinking. Just a pool with a bit of lounging area. Mostly it's a restaurant, with an outdoor pool, more in line with what is at Ocho Rios (sans beach) and Grand Cayman, if you've ever been there.

Falmouth is not a very large town and you can easily trolly around, then shop back at the ship area and hit M'ville in your time frame.

Edited by mrsfuzzmo

I just looked on trip advisor & found Braemar Tours Limited - Falmouth Tours by Trolley with a 1 hour trolley tour for $22.00. It looks interesting so I am thinking of using them in December when I go. Most of the excursions I saw are too physical (climbing, hiking, etc). I did see a walking tour for 2 hours for $34.00 but this trolley tour looks more interesting. Can someone out there tell us anything about this trolley?

• 2 months later...
I just looked on trip advisor & found Braemar Tours Limited - Falmouth Tours by Trolley with a 1 hour trolley tour for $22.00. It looks interesting so I am thinking of using them in December when I go. Most of the excursions I saw are too physical (climbing, hiking, etc). I did see a walking tour for 2 hours for $34.00 but this trolley tour looks more interesting. Can someone out there tell us anything about this trolley?

I believe that might be the company that I filled out something on their website and haven't heard back from... If you get/have any information or do the trolley in December, can you please come back and post how it was etc...

My Mom can't walk far and the trolley would be the best thing for her but can't find much info on it...

Thanks everyone else for the info...

• 3 weeks later...

So, I finally picked up the phone and called the trolley tour. Spoke with a really nice lady named Judy... The trolleys are right there off the port easy to get to you can't miss them is what she said... it is $22 per adult and $14 for children but didn't give me an age. The tour lasts about an hour with 2 stops included.. one at a church and the other at the sea for picture taking.. No set time, just when it gets full or they feel like leaving, they go... Judy said the trolley holds 40 people, is big and has room for anyone with a handicap or disability. In addition, you do not have to get off the trolley but it does wait for everyone who gets off to get back on... She also said you didn't have to make a reservation or pre-pay, you can do it when you get there...

Judy also told me I had plenty of time to take the trolley tour, go shopping and still hang out at Margaritville ... YAY :)