'name brand' handbags

Cru1s1ng2009

Just remember to barter with them!!! I got a "Michael Kors" tote bag which was originally $75 for $25! I just kept saying no and walking away! :D

Yes, you get me. I too would like a "Michael Poors" bag, and my mom wants a "Poach", and daughter wants some of each.

:p

Vendor's Square (tent market) is where you'll want to shop.

Yeah, that is it. We had our driver Chili drop us off for an hour there a few years ago but the only bag left is my mom's. they are a great quality but I go thru a handbag every six months, I am so rough on them.

Thanks so much!

How far is vendors square from port?

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you dock in Havensight it's where the shuttle's drop you off in town...if docked in Crown Bay it's just after where the drop off area is (at least it has been for us)...Very hard to miss/find Vendor's Square (tent market)...it's a favorite of mine and usually my first & last stop ;)

• 2 weeks later...
If you dock in Havensight it's where the shuttle's drop you off in town...if docked in Crown Bay it's just after where the drop off area is (at least it has been for us)...Very hard to miss/find Vendor's Square (tent market)...it's a favorite of mine and usually my first & last stop ;)

thanks. so if we dock in havensight, we just hope a shuttle to the vendors sq. , correct? Do the shuttles have signs for where they are going?

thanks. so if we dock in havensight, we just hope a shuttle to the vendors sq. , correct? Do the shuttles have signs for where they are going?

Yes... Just hop on.You'll find most shuttles (safari type trucks with bench seats) are going into town...just ask as you get on. $4.00pp one way (pay cash as you get on)...and where they drop you off will be in the parking lot by Vendor's Square. To return you can either come back there or hop back on ($4.00pp) one of the many driving along the main road yelling "Back To The Ship"...Enjoy !!!

The vehicles are not shuttles, but taxis. When you get off the ship, tell the dispatcher where you want to go, and you will be placed with others going to "town". As Ashland says, they will annoy the heck out of you with their "Back to the ship!" cry once you are in town. P.S. Make sure you know which dock you need. If you are at Crown Bay, you don't want to get on a taxi going to Havensight. :eek:

The vehicles are not shuttles, but taxis. When you get off the ship, tell the dispatcher where you want to go, and you will be placed with others going to "town". As Ashland says, they will annoy the heck out of you with their "Back to the ship!" cry once you are in town. P.S. Make sure you know which dock you need. If you are at Crown Bay, you don't want to get on a taxi going to Havensight. :eek:

No need to disagree with my reference to "safari type open air shuttle trucks with bench seats" (because that's exactly what they are to most of us)...Referring to them as "taxi's" can be very confusing to the majority of people that assume "taxi's" are the sedan type four door vehicles we see in every city. JMHO ;):)

The term shuttle indicates a vehicle that goes back and forth between two places. I don't want people to think that if they get in any safari vehicle they will automatically go to town. You are correct, though. People look for yellow cab type taxis that don't exist on St Thomas. (Actually, there is *one* taxi driver with a sedan that has painted his taxi yellow with a checker pattern on the side. LOL) And it only adds to the confusion that there are safari vehicles used as point-to-point taxis as well as some that drive a bus route. None of these are marked as to the purpose. And then there are the enclosed vans which are also taxis. Whew!

P.S. There actually is a free shuttle that takes people around Havensight Mall, which is even more confusing! :)

It seems that most who get off the ships quickly scope out transportation and have no problems...One of the easiest ports to navigate and probably very few get lost. Sometimes we confuse them more with our written words of instructions ;):)