Horsegoer

By the numbers:

Getaway built 2014 146,000 tons 4028 passengers 5 stars

Breeze built 2012 130,000 tons 3690 passengers 4.5 stars

http://www.cruisecritic.com/reviews/review.cfm?ShipID=651

http://www.cruisecritic.com/reviews/review.cfm?ShipID=609

74% of 535 reviewers on CC like the Breeze

79% of 275 reviewers on CC like the Getaway

I can say that the Breeze was my second favorite cruise out of 25 that I have been on, only bested by the Celebrity Silhouette.

One last things. What is the best approach to getting the best deal? Where should we look to buy and when? Wee are cruising in a month...lol.

This is last minute. my wife was sick with lukemia and just finished the last round of chemo and the doc gave her the ok to go away. Thank god the prognosis is very good...she will be just fine god willing,

Edited by Horsegoer

One last things. What is the best approach to getting the best deal? Where should we look to buy and when? Wee are cruising in a month...lol.

This is last minute. my wife was sick with lukemia and just finished the last round of chemo and the doc gave her the ok to go away. Thank god the prognosis is very good...she will be just fine god willing,

Assuming that you're looking for early December....

Breeze 12/6 8 days 349-499-699

Breeze 12/14 6 days 219-349-429

Getaway 12/6 7 days 389-469-519

Getaway 12/13 7 days 389-469-519

Inside-oceanview-balcony

all prices do not include taxes

check out the prices on the cruise critic homepage for agencies

Assuming that you're looking for early December....

Breeze 12/6 8 days 349-499-699

Breeze 12/14 6 days 219-349-429

Getaway 12/6 7 days 389-469-519

Getaway 12/13 7 days 389-469-519

Inside-oceanview-balcony

all prices do not include taxes

check out the prices on the cruise critic homepage for agencies

Thanks....

We are looking at the Getaway that leave from Miami the Saturday after thanksgiving

Do a google search under vacations. 369-419-509 are the rates. With an additional 150 OBC with inside and OV or 200 OBC with balcony. From what I can infer, this is from the agency. There is an additional 10% OBC, which I will infer is from the cruiseline. So you would get over 300 in OBC if you chose a balcony or 223 + if you went inside. Good luck.

• 1 month later...
. . . Does anyone know which ship is nicer and would provide a better cruising experience? Thanks

Debarked Norwegian Getaway this past weekend.

Cruised on Carnival Breeze in October, so a 2-month gap between the experiences.

Really (really!) enjoyed Carnival Breeze, and would repeat the experience again without any hesitation. Loved my first-ever cove balcony, and would only consider that type of stateroom on a future visit.

Caveat: I paid more for my Norwegian Getaway sailing than I did for that on Carnival Breeze. CCL had a great price drop in those final months that made it a real bargain.

My accommodation on Norwegian Getaway was an aft balcony that was quite large (easily room to handle four chaise loungers, but I had two, with two regular chairs and two small tables). I spent a lot of time out there during the week.

This statement is my opinion only:

There was absolutely nothing onboard Carnival Breeze the was better than Norwegian Getaway and, perhaps, nothing that was actually equal. Ship design, onboard guest service, food, drink, amenities . . .

But then there's the Entertainment. This is where the difference is night/day. I now realize how dismally pathetic Carnival's failed attempts at Playlist Productions actually are. It should be a total embarrassment.

And to think that John Heald actually called those performers a Triple Threat ("because they can sing, dance, and act") is laughable. In conversations with several onboard I learned that two didn't even have working microphones. They were simply props. And some of those with truly enjoyable voices, had obvious difficulty with the movement portions.

There was, however, one solo vocalist (in Atrium and a few lounges) who was superb!

The entertainment onboard Norwegian Getaway was, for the most part, completely stunning, and something the line can truly be proud of. Some of the cast were internationally recognized/awarded prior to joining this ship, and rightfully so.

Again, this above if just one person's opinion . . . but it was asked.

Thanks for reading.