Please advises what to do in Brugges

adx74

Can anyone advise me how to get from Zeebrugge in Brugges and what are the top 3 must to visit. I am not the type of tourist eager to spend time in museums. A good local guide for a walking tour would be a good recommendation for me. Any others tips are welcome.

There are several terminal in Zeebrugge, or only one? If there are many please advise how can I finde the info where the ship will be docked (MSC line). Some recommendations for tasting some local food?

Thank you!

I can't help you re getting to Brugges from Zeebrugge as we take our own car. There is a tourist office in the main square with loads of info on what to see and do. There are free walking tours in Brugges, so just Google.

If you do searches on here and on Tripadvisor, you will find the answers to your questions.

Climb the bell tower and listen to the carillon play; take a canal cruise; tour the local brewery; you can walk out to the edge of town to see working windmills or rent bicycles. Bruge is a great town--don't miss the wonderful chocolate shops.

Can anyone advise me how to get from Zeebrugge in Brugges and what are the top 3 must to visit. I am not the type of tourist eager to spend time in museums. A good local guide for a walking tour would be a good recommendation for me. Any others tips are welcome.

There are several terminal in Zeebrugge, or only one? If there are many please advise how can I finde the info where the ship will be docked (MSC line). Some recommendations for tasting some local food?

Thank you!

You have some options regarding getting to Bruges from Zeebrugge:

1) Your ship may provide a shuttle to the train station

2) taxi about €100 r/t

3) tram/train combo - take shuttle to port gates, walk to tram stop (Zeebrugge-Kerk), take tram to Blankenberge Station & train to Bruges

Timetable for train from Zeebrugge to Bruges: http://www.belgianrail.be/en/Default.aspx

I recommend that you check-out Cornishpastyman's video's of Bruges - they are excellent & will give you some ideas of what to see.

BRUGES WALKING TOUR

A CANAL TOUR OF BRUGES

Edited by dogs4fun