MSC Seaside II To Sail Western Mediterranean Itineraries From Genoa,Italy

Mikesa1721

Nice, but I'll be booking Seaside from Miami the following week for my parents' 50th wedding anniversary...it will be a family thing.

I guess it will be up to Seaside 2 or Meraviglia for my 2019 trip....I like that itin, especially with Messina as I visited there many years ago and it's my favorite part of Sicily, but bummed Rome isn't on the itinerary. I have been but want my DD to experience Rome.

Thanks for the heads-up, Mike.

Personally speaking, I won't be rushing into booking the inaugural, having been caught out with the Meraviglia which has added a week earlier sailing to the itinerary than the original inaugural. Also, the much vaunted Cirque de Soleil shows won't be available 'til Aug at the earliest. So there was really very little benefit to trying her out early, other than it'll be DH's birthday that week.

I see the intended route will also replicate the first Meraviglia one .......... boring zzzzzzzzzz.

Thanks for the heads-up, Mike.

Personally speaking, I won't be rushing into booking the inaugural, having been caught out with the Meraviglia which has added a week earlier sailing to the itinerary than the original inaugural. Also, the much vaunted Cirque de Soleil shows won't be available 'til Aug at the earliest. So there was really very little benefit to trying her out early, other than it'll be DH's birthday that week.

I see the intended route will also replicate the first Meraviglia one .......... boring zzzzzzzzzz.

I'll trade you the Caribbean for the Med Bea!!!!

I'll trade you the Caribbean for the Med Bea!!!!

:D No, thanks, Mike! I'll take the "boring" Med any day over the even more boring Caribbean "look how fabulous our beaches are ('cause there's nothing else to see here!)"!!

:D No, thanks, Mike! I'll take the "boring" Med any day over the even more boring Caribbean "look how fabulous our beaches are ('cause there's nothing else to see here!)"!!

After our B2B onboard Seaside in 2018,,I think we'll be off to the Med in 2019. We're looking to do the Eastern route,,Greek Isles,,but air fare is holding us back!!:)

Edited by Mikesa1721

Why not do a repo back to Europe, Mike and save on the airfare ;)

Yeah, the Greek Isles with Croatia included in the itinerary is a great route - that would be the Eastern Med - West Med is the "boring" one for me as I've done it one too many times at this stage!

Why not do a repo back to Europe, Mike and save on the airfare ;)

Yeah, the Greek Isles with Croatia included in the itinerary is a great route - that would be the Eastern Med - West Med is the "boring" one for me as I've done it one too many times at this stage!

Good catch Bea!!! Luckily I was still within my edit time!!! The Eastern is what I meant to say,,,:D We want to spend a few days in Venice before and after and MSC Musica is currently sailing that itinerary,,,:)

Good catch Bea!!! Luckily I was still within my edit time!!! The Eastern is what I meant to say,,,:D We want to spend a few days in Venice before and after and MSC Musica is currently sailing that itinerary,,,:)

As I didn't quote your original post, mine looks odd, now :D

Venice is a fabulous place, alright, but so too is Dubrovnik. Which is why it's a pity that MSC are choosing the west Med for the Seaside II :mad:

As I didn't quote your original post, mine looks odd, now :D

Venice is a fabulous place, alright, but so too is Dubrovnik. Which is why it's a pity that MSC are choosing the west Med for the Seaside II :mad:

But for how long?? MSC Seaside is built for warm weather,,the question is where will MSC Seaside II home port once fall and winter arrive??

Lots to look forward to, anyway. At least it'll give us on this side of the pond a chance to try out the Seaside without having to travel Stateside :) With the Euro continuing to tank against the $ the US is off the radar for some time to come. One of the biggest attractions of MSC for me is the currency onboard is € for most of their itineraries.

BTW...is she named Seaside 2 or will she go by a different one...I hope so!

I don't think MSC Seaside II will be used Love2Cruz,,,but there really aren't to many "seaside" synonyms that sound good other than maybe surfside. I'd like to see MSC Euforia(Euphoria in English) used on maybe one of the new "World Class" ships though!!:D

Edited by Mikesa1721

How about MSC Spiaggia (beach in Italian) :D

I like it!! Here are some of the names being mentioned from one of the Italian MSC Fan Sites I follow:

MSC SOGNO;

MSC INCANTO;

MSC PARADISE;

MSC INFINITY;

MSC EUFORIA;

MSC ELEGANZA

MSC PROMENADE;

MSC MAGIA;

MSC SUNSHINE;

MSC SUNSET;

MSC AMORE;

MSC DELIZIA;

MSC DESIDERIO;

Itinerary is not that imaginative. I suppose if they keep building ships that large, they are going to limit the number of ports they can visit,

Like Bea, I struggle to get excited by the Western Med.