Picture-A-Week-2016 - Week 41

pierces

I forgot to list Peety with those who have guided me. This calls for another picture. :)

Another one from the same location with the Rokinon 12mm f2 in place of the Sigma 19mm.

This is a good comparison between 12mm (ultra-wide angle) and 19mm (wide angle) lenses on an APS-C (1.5x crop sensor) like the A6000 and lower-priced DSLR cameras.

bridge%20and%20bushes2_zpst5n6grrh.jpg

Edited by flatlander321

Thanks for the kind words, flatlander. Thanks also for reminding me what a little gem that Sigma 19mm is. I haven't used mine much since I got the Rokinon 12mm and your photo has me thinking that I should drag it out and put its remarkable sharpness to good use.

Happy shooting!

Dave

Thanks for the kind words, flatlander. Thanks also for reminding me what a little gem that Sigma 19mm is. I haven't used mine much since I got the Rokinon 12mm and your photo has me thinking that I should drag it out and put its remarkable sharpness to good use.

Happy shooting!

Dave

I purchased a used sigma 19mm to cover the wide end of the 16-50pz lens. I mostly shoot landscape and wildlife pictures. I currently have the Rokinon 12mm and Sigma 19mm for landscape photos, the 16-50pz lens for 25mm-50mm shots, and the 55-210mm kit for telephoto use. I am seriously considering a fast 30mm/35mm lens for museum and general indoor use.

I purchased a used sigma 19mm to cover the wide end of the 16-50pz lens. I mostly shoot landscape and wildlife pictures. I currently have the Rokinon 12mm and Sigma 19mm for landscape photos, the 16-50pz lens for 25mm-50mm shots, and the 55-210mm kit for telephoto use. I am seriously considering a fast 30mm/35mm lens for museum and general indoor use.

Look hard at the new Sigma 30mm f/1.4DC DN. It looks like another screaming bang-for-the-buck bargain from Sigma.

Dave

Wow - 22 years old...that's an old cat! I was always a 'dog' person, and used to the average lifespans of dogs of around 10-14 years depending on breed. I took in my first stray kitten from my yard after feeding it and then taking it inside - without realizing the potential long-term commitment cats can be (not that it's a bad thing - I love my cat, now 8 1/2 years on from when I took her in). And yep - she loves boxes, small spaces, or any other tiny squeezable spot she can get into.

Lovely backyard selection...and thank you Flatlander for the kind word, and for the crisp and sharp landscape - that's some bold clear blue sky - we only see a day like that in late winter here in S. Florida.

Some weekend shots from my wetlands, and my backyard too:

A wee little pied-billed grebe, nice and close:

original.jpg

A merlin...a type of small hawk...flying overhead - notice he's looking down into his talons - he had captured a dragonfly in mid-air and was busy eating it WHILE FLYING!:

original.jpg

A squirrel eating a sunflower seed from the bird feeders nearby - taken at ground level because I was sitting chest-deep in my swimming pool:

original.jpg

Puffed up mockingbird sitting on the birdbath, also taken from my swimming pool:

original.jpg

Not exciting for most folks here - maybe slightly exciting for birders...this was a new bird sighting for me - that's hard to get when you've been a bird photographer for 10 years and have over 200 species in-state on your life list. Any new bird spotted is a cool moment! This is an eastern wood pewee, my first:

original.jpg