Will new cruises be added?

CC103

My husband & I are looking into our first cruise. After a lot of research, we feel Royal Caribbean is the best cruise line for us. We were interested in the 7 nights cruise, Grandeur of the Seas , Baltimore/Orlando (Port Canaveral)/ Nassau/ CocoCay. However the only ones I see listed are for Nov 2016 or Apr 2017. We were interested in Oct or Nov 2017. Will they be adding more cruises or will those be the only 2 we can pick from? Thank you!!

I see a variety of Grandeur cruises in Oct and Nov 2017 to Nassau, Boston, Southern Caribbean, etc.

Are you sure you have your search parameters correct? Sometimes I have to clear cookies ands cache to get the search to work correctly.

Here is an example:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruises/booking?sailDate=2017-11-09&shipCode=GR&packageCode=GR9BH002&accessCabin=false&selectedCurrencyCode=USD

My husband & I are looking into our first cruise. After a lot of research, we feel Royal Caribbean is the best cruise line for us. We were interested in the 7 nights cruise, Grandeur of the Seas , Baltimore/Orlando (Port Canaveral)/ Nassau/ CocoCay. However the only ones I see listed are for Nov 2016 or Apr 2017. We were interested in Oct or Nov 2017. Will they be adding more cruises or will those be the only 2 we can pick from? Thank you!!

New itineraries are released every March/April. So basically what it listed is what there are.

There are also two 7 night cruises to Bahama/Port Canaveral at the end of October 2017 leaving out of Bayonne NJ(Cape Liberty) on the Anthem.

I don't know what part of the Royal Caribbean experience you are looking for. This is Royal Caribbean's newest and most advanced ship and there is a huge difference between the 2 ships.

Edited by fred30

Below I have 2 links to the Cruise Critics famous "LIVE" poster known as Radio. His post are usually very informative and not biased. These 2 post should give you a general feel for the 2 ships. The Quantum and the Anthem are sister ships and are almost identical except for decor. The Quantum sailed out of Bayonne prior to the Anthem.

Radio - Grandeur

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2300882

Radio - Quantum

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2154636

I'm seeing 5, 9, & 12 day cruises but no 7 day cruises from Balt to Orlanda/Nassua/Cococay only.

Sorry, I missed that you were looking only for 7-day cruises.

To answer the original question, they won't be adding more Baltimore cruises during that time period.

Edited by clarea

I noticed that now that Anthem is doing the 7 day trips, that Grandeur is doing more longer cruises.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Makes sense.

Could be because more families, who can usually only go away for a week, choose Anthem... While Grandeur attracts the older crowd who can do longer vacations.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

Makes sense.

Could be because more families, who can usually only go away for a week, choose Anthem... While Grandeur attracts the older crowd who can do longer vacations.

The Anthem does a 5 day Bermuda /9 Day Caribbean routine all summer then in the Fall it switches out the Caribbean for Canada which alters the 5/9 day routine. It starts out the winter with longer Caribbean trips and ends winter with 7 night Bahama cruises.

The Anthem does a 5 day Bermuda /9 Day Caribbean routine all summer then in the Fall it switches out the Caribbean for Canada which alters the 5/9 day routine. It starts out the winter with longer Caribbean trips and ends winter with 7 night Bahama cruises.

I know.

I was referring to the fact that Anthem is doing more 7 night Bahamas cruises during next winter, than she did last winter and will do this winter.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

I was just checking out the Anthem..... AMAZING!!!!!!!! Thanks again Fred, I truly appreciate your help!!

When sailing out of the northern ports at that time of the year it can be very cool on the 1st and last sea day. The Anthem has the enclosed solarium in the front and one of the pools has a retractable roof so you can still enjoy the top deck if the weather is chilly. Plus there is a ton of indoor space throughout the ship.

Also one note about CocoCay. This port is tendered, meaning that the ship does not pull into a port and tie up, instead you stay anchored off shore and they run boats back and forth from the ship to shore all day long. The way this inlet is situated in heavier winds and choppy seas they sometimes need to skip this port.

Edited by fred30

I forgot to Welcome you to Cruise Critic!

At the top of this page there is a list of all the Royal Caribbean ships. If you click on one of them the threads pertaining to that ship will pop up. This way you can read more information about each ship.

Fred, Thank you!!!! I will check into that. Honestly, the only reason we picked Baltimore is because its closest to us (Pgh, PA). The NJ port would be do-able.

While Galveston is the closer port to us from Fort Worth, "Bahamas and Key West without a plane ride," a Radiance-class ship vs. Voyager-class, and the local culture when we sailed from New Orleans was definitely worth the longer drive. If RCL still sailed from there we'd be thrilled to do it again.

What are we talking: 6.5 hours vs. 4.5? Hey, from where we're at Galveston is 4 hours and NoLa 8, but if given the choice...

Point being, so long as you're not flying, and not paying to fly, and not paying to check bags, and not having to arrange your transportation after you land, or once you return to port, it makes potentially spending a bit more to go on Anthem more attractive.

I forgot to Welcome you to Cruise Critic!

At the top of this page there is a list of all the Royal Caribbean ships. If you click on one of them the threads pertaining to that ship will pop up. This way you can read more information about each ship.

Thank you for the Welcome. I'm learning a lot reading the boards. And yes, Ive really had to do some homework reguarding the tender ports as I'm in a wheelchair. I hope I get to experience CoCoCay, as I did find that they have beach wheelchairs there. I haven't been so lucky with Nassau yet, but I'm still looking.

While Galveston is the closer port to us from Fort Worth, "Bahamas and Key West without a plane ride," a Radiance-class ship vs. Voyager-class, and the local culture when we sailed from New Orleans was definitely worth the longer drive. If RCL still sailed from there we'd be thrilled to do it again.

What are we talking: 6.5 hours vs. 4.5? Hey, from where we're at Galveston is 4 hours and NoLa 8, but if given the choice...

Point being, so long as you're not flying, and not paying to fly, and not paying to check bags, and not having to arrange your transportation after you land, or once you return to port, it makes potentially spending a bit more to go on Anthem more attractive.

That's my thought also. Its approx. 3.5 hrs to Baltimore and 5.5 hrs to the NJ port but after seeing what Anthem offers, I think it would be worth it.

Thank you for the Welcome. I'm learning a lot reading the boards. And yes, Ive really had to do some homework reguarding the tender ports as I'm in a wheelchair. I hope I get to experience CoCoCay, as I did find that they have beach wheelchairs there. I haven't been so lucky with Nassau yet, but I'm still looking.

Hopefully you do get into CoCoCay. We did an 8 day on the Quantum with the same 3 stops but the weather was bad and they couldn't tender so we just left and had an extra sea day. The bad weather followed us down so weather-wise it wasn't a good cruise.

If you start a thread addressing these concerns you should get a lot of good information. They do have wheelchair accessible cabins available that are larger in size and have a much larger bathroom. I think but am not positive that they are priced the same as the other cabins in their category. Also, there is a special needs department that should be able to address any concerns. I not sure how helpful they are but getting the advice from others on CC that know the ropes would be most helpful.

I use an electric wheelchair on the ship but don't get off on tender ports. I don't believe they will allow it on the tenders.

If you have specific questions pertaining to the disabled facilities on the ship or getting off the ship, there is a disabled page that you can go to. They are very helpful.