110% low price guarantee... Anyone claimed it??

Stinger-pr

Hi everyone. Has anybody ever made a claim under this guarantee ?? I found a lower price for the cruise online (publicly advertised) the very next day (within Carnival's 48 hr. claim period) and filed a claim online under the 110% guarantee. I was told when I submitted the form that it would take 48hrs. to process but I have not been contacted by any means or form. This was almost 4 days ago. Has anyone gone through this process?? Any insights? Thanks for any input.

PD: This is not an Early Saver claim. I booked inside 60 days prior to sailing.

Yikes. I don't have any first-hand knowledge on the 110% price guarantee, but for an ES price guarantee claim, I had to call 3 times. Somehow, they had no record of the claim I submitted online.

I'd call and ask what is the status. If you can, get proof of the price (screenshot). It's harder for Carnival to backpedal that way. In my experience, they worked with me more since they knew I had proof and could send it in. No way to get out of it on their end.

Edited by 20somethingguy

Hi everyone. Has anybody ever made a claim under this guarantee ?? I found a lower price for the cruise online (publicly advertised) the very next day (within Carnival's 48 hr. claim period) and filed a claim online under the 110% guarantee. I was told when I submitted the form that it would take 48hrs. to process but I have not been contacted by any means or form. This was almost 4 days ago. Has anyone gone through this process?? Any insights? Thanks for any input.

I have for shore excursions, but not the cruise itself. Both have been approved.

• 5 months later...

I think the 110% guarantee is where if you are not happy with your cruise, that you make a claim within 24 hours after the departure of the cruise and they give you a 110% refund of your cruise price plus fly you home at the first port, at Carnival's expense.

Has anyone ever heard of anyone taking using that 110% guarantee?

Though I have not heard of it, it wouldn't surprise me because Carnival offers TAs the lowest commission of any cruise lines (which is why many discount sites don't even offer CCL cruises) and therefore the rates are virtually the same as on CCL's site. The exception is when a discounter gives up something out of their own pocket (OBC, wine etc) in order to get your business.