First Celebrity Cruise

bigshowble

Hey everyone. Been some time since I've posted here. (over 5 years), so I apologize for the rant and lack of direction. As a background, my girlfriend and I are both 29 years old from Georgia.

I've previously been on a Holland America (Zaandam), Princess (Royal Princess), and two Royal Caribbean (Freedom, Allure). My girlfriend of 4 years an I just booked the Celebrity Reflection cruise Dec 12 (unobstructed balcony). The Allure, which we went on last year, was her first cruise ever. She loved it.

What are some of the main differences I can expect in regards to this cruise line and cruise ship? Also. Are there any main features of the Reflection that we should try to see?

She really loves the nightly shows and entertainment. I am looking forward to something a bit higher class with less kids. We are really laid back and down for anything, and I'm sure that we will enjoy this cruise regardless.

So my main questions:

1. How is the entertainment on the ship? Mainly shows and performances.
  2. What are some of the key features of Celebrity Cruises that distinguish it from others?
  3. What are the key features of the ship that distinguishes it from others?
  4. What she we make an effort to do or see?
  5. What should we try to avoid?
  6. Any other tips and tricks would be greatly appreciated!

I truly appreciate everyone's feedback and opinion here. You don't know how much the information in this community has helped me out over the years!

One thing you might notice that is different is the lack of loud PA announcements.. Celebrity assumes you can read and keep track of time so they don't intrude on your relaxation.

That is something else that will be different from your RCCL cruise, much less activity and much more relaxation and sophisticated entertainment. You are encouraged to engage with the ship and other guests rather than being distracted from socializing.

You should notice that the dinner service and the food itself is a cut above.

You will find that the entertainment is better on the Allure and overall, a lower energy level.

Food is a notch above on Celebrity and there are many quality options to choose from. If you want to celebrate something real special, I suggest Murano, a top notch specialty restaurant. Excellent food and service in an intimate atmosphere. It does cost extra but sometimes, you can get a deal.

Try the Solarium which is an adult only a/c environment. There is a nice pool, 2 hot tubs and a relaxing atmosphere. While there, try the Aqua Spa Cafe (free) at lunch time which has fresh, healthy options. It is my favorite.

After you get your meal at the buffet, head outside towards the rear and there is a nice outdoor area to eat. Great views and being outside is just fantastic.

Finally,don't miss the ice cream station in the buffet. Fresh ice cream both of the hard and soft varieties.

Enjoy exploring!

If you like burgers (or veggie burgers) and fries, don't miss the Mast Grill on the deck above the pool deck, port side. If you are sunbathing on a sea day and don't feel like putting on your shirt/cover ups for the buffet, you can eat right there or bring the food back to your lounger.

It's been two years, but the last time I was on Reflection, this was the only place to get burgers during lunch/mid afternoon. I think they close before dinner time.

A more recent guest can correct me if I'm wrong :eek: