Bermuda cruise

Harbour20

We are considering taking the Celebrity Summit out of Bayone in early May. We have never sailed in the Atlantic before and wondering what to expect in regard to rough waters. I have two complet different choices, but they are similar in price. Aqua class, Sky Deck midship, or Oceanview, midship Continental deck. My first instinct would do the Oceanview, for these reasons, lower in boat for less movement (deck 2)as to deck (9) for Aqua. Also time of year would be very cool for a deck. On the other hand we have always cruised in concierge class and this would be a nice opportunity to do Aqua class.

I would appreciate anyone's advice that has taken these cruises and if you could share some of your experiences.

We are considering taking the Celebrity Summit out of Bayone in early May. We have never sailed in the Atlantic before and wondering what to expect in regard to rough waters. I have two complet different choices, but they are similar in price. Aqua class, Sky Deck midship, or Oceanview, midship Continental deck. My first instinct would do the Oceanview, for these reasons, lower in boat for less movement (deck 2)as to deck (9) for Aqua. Also time of year would be very cool for a deck. On the other hand we have always cruised in concierge class and this would be a nice opportunity to do Aqua class.

I would appreciate anyone's advice that has taken these cruises and if you could share some of your experiences.

When I went to Bermuda in May and June never used the balcony on sea days and in Bermuda to busy too. So while I always book a balcony in the Caribbean, I always book an Oceanview out of Bayonne to Bermuda.

As far as rough waters, more likely than the Caribbean but the waters were not rough a majority of the times on my Bermuda sailings. Early May is not a time when I would go again to Bermuda because in addition to cool sea days the water temperature in Bermuda in May is too cool for my body.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When I went to Bermuda in May and June never used the balcony on sea days and in Bermuda to busy too. So while I always book a balcony in the Caribbean, I always book an Oceanview out of Bayonne to Bermuda.

As far as rough waters, more likely than the Caribbean but the waters were not rough a majority of the times on my Bermuda sailings. Early May is not a time when I would go again to Bermuda because in addition to cool sea days the water temperature in Bermuda in May is too cool for my body.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you. that is what I thought, it would be too cool for a balcony. Guess my biggest concern was the rough waters. We have had only one cruise with rough waters on one day that was very unpleasant. Just didn't know what the Atlantic was like.

We took the Veendam to Bermuda in May of last year the first week of May. Because we need an accessible cabin we were limited in our cabin choices and had a lanai cabin by the forward elevators. I spent a lot of time on sea days enjoying our deck chairs, but we had rough seas on the way to Bermuda for an entire day. DH did not do well with all the motion, but I was fine. As I took a walk on the wrap around deck, the motion increased the closer I was to the front. The pool was closed and water was wasn't even staying in the pool. A cabin on a low deck and mid ship is the best choice if you're concerned about motion sickness.

As far as weather and the seas, totally unpredictable. We've cruised to Bermuda 25 or so times over the years all out of NY, NJ or Boston and always in May/June or Sept/Oct. Temperature was always comfortable but some sailing were as smooth as glass, and on some we were "rockin' and rollin".