Thoughts on British Colonial Hilton day pass?

cubalinda

Hi there. I will be going to Nassau April 30 as part of a cruise and wondered about Resort for a Day to go to British Colonial Hilton for our short time in port.

It will be $60 pp incl a $40 drink/ food credit. It looks nice.

Could people chime in on their experiences there?

We plan on walking from the ship; about how long does it take?

Is it an easy walk/ route?

I imagine the credit doesn't go very far; any comments about more specific prices of food?/quality?( no food snob here) I can't find the menu for their poolside grill anywhere.

How was your check-in to start your day? My friend and I will be on a large ship/Harmony of the Seas but don't know where to check how many ships will be in port that day to get an idea of how busy it could be there.

Anything interesting to see on the way there/ advice about the place/ day pass?

I spoke to someone at BCH re when the day pass can begin, as I heard 9am, and told her we arrived in Nassau at 7am, she said we could start our day there at that time if we wished ( doubtful) but does anyone know how early we can begin relaxing there?

Lots of q's, but I'd love some first hand information please.

Thanks very much

We did the BCH last November. There was a "once in a year" cold front that passed through the day we were there. The water wasn't choppy at all, but it was pretty cold. It's a nice little beach area. You can see in the distance the cruise ships. There are plenty of chairs and umbrellas on the sand area.

Pool is very nice. Plenty of tables and chairs poolside, plus these bed lounger things.

The food and beverage credit is $40 per adult and $20 for child, when you check in to the hotel and get your wristbands and pay balance (we had paid a deposit and then paid balance at check-in), they give you a card with your credit. They combined everyone in your party into one credit. We had 5 adults and 2 kids, so we had a total credit of $240.

You then bring the voucher to the bar, and start a tab. Food, drinks, whatever. Beers were like $8, mixed drinks 11-15. Water, soft drinks a couple of bucks.

Food was... eh. I was not impressed. Not a huge menu, burger, some salads, I think some tacos, etc. We spent most of our money on drinks and just ate a late lunch when we got back to the ship.

I want to say our total food and drink bill was $318 including service charges. So deduct $240, we owed $78. Gave the bartenders a $100 and told them to keep the change as additional tip. The service they provided was amazing. Very attentive, talked with us, etc.

There were four boats in port that day and it was not crowded there at all.

The walk is about a 8-10 minute walk. Not bad at all. On the way back, 3 of the adults and 2 kids went straight to the boat, my brother in law and I stopped on the way at the Pirate brewery. had a draft, and purchased some bottles to take back to the boat (we were on Disney, so you can bring 6 beer bottles per person back on board).

I would do it again in the future, perhaps, but I would make sure to have a big breakfast before we left the boat.

I spoke to someone at BCH re when the day pass can begin, as I heard 9am, and told her we arrived in Nassau at 7am, she said we could start our day there at that time if we wished ( doubtful) but does anyone know how early we can begin relaxing there?

Lots of q's, but I'd love some first hand information please.

Thanks very much

Check in starts at 9am.. there is nothing to do earlier, lifeguards and towel hut opens at 9am. The bar/grill doesn't open until 11/11:30am

Edited by scubagirrl

The British Colonial Day pass is one of the many DAY-PASS available in Nassau.

Many savvy cruisers brag about Sandals (for couples only) and TUI.

Otherwise, the Junkanoo Beach is just a few meters farther than the British ... and very pleasant.