Capilano Suspension Bridge Park

our group arrives in Vancouver the day before our cruise at about 10:00am. Would we have time to go to the Capilano Suspension Bridge Park? Our hotel is in Richmond (got an amazing rate) and thought we would take the Sky Train/Ferry/bus to get out there. Thoughts? Recommendations? So excited to visit your city for the first time!!! Thanks!

our group arrives in Vancouver the day before our cruise at about 10:00am. Would we have time to go to the Capilano Suspension Bridge Park? Our hotel is in Richmond (got an amazing rate) and thought we would take the Sky Train/Ferry/bus to get out there. Thoughts? Recommendations? So excited to visit your city for the first time!!! Thanks!

There is a free shuttle in downtown Vancouver. See http://www.capbridge.com. The skytrain from Richmond will bring you downtown, where you can see are a selection of pick up spots.The HOHO bus is also fun to do, also has Capilano bridge on the route. http://www.westcoastsightseeing.com

Enjoy your time here.

You excursion to the Capilano Suspension Bridge is certainly doable. You haven't indicated which hotel you are staying at, however plan that by the time you clear customs, pick up your luggage, wait for your shuttle and get to you hotel you are likely not going to be checked in until about 1130. If your hotel is close to a Canada Line station you can walk to it or perhaps have the hotel's shuttle drop you off at one. Once at the station, you will pay a fare of $4 which will take to Waterfront Station with is about a 3 block walk to Canada Place where you can pick up the CSB's free shuttle. But for same $4 Canada Line ticket you can transfer within Waterfront Station to the SeaBus which is a nice ferry trip across the harbour to Lonsdale Quay and there you will transfer to a #236 bus which will let you off at the front door of the CSB.

When you are finished at the bridge you have the option of re-tracing the above transit plan or taking the CSB's free shuttle back to Canada Place, walking over to Waterfront Station and then purchasing a $4 fare to go back to your Canada Line station out in Richmond. I would recommend doing the full transit route over the shuttle/Canada Line route back as they will give you two completely different perspectives of the city.

Plan that your commute in either direction is probably going to take a full 1.25 hrs in either direction and you are going to want to spend 2 hrs at the CSB. The Canada Line fares must be paid in CAD however the ticket machines do accept most US major credit cards and ATM cards. Also, do not have the hotel's shuttle driver take you to a Canada Line station on Sea Island (YVR) or you will have to pay an extra $5 airport convenience fee on your trip into Waterfront Station.

I agree... coming from the Canada Line... head to the Seabus... you might find yourself waiting for a few shuttles before an empty one will pick you up on a busy afternoon. But do take the shuttles back for your return.

I think you can also fit in Grouse Mountain and then do Capilano on the return, especially since it's open late in the summer.

Buy yourself an "All Day" fare pass it is the same price as 2 one way ticket and then you can hop on and off any city bus or skytrain or sea bus all day unlimited riding.

I would just do the trip on the public transit system as you will already be at the station and the public buses run much more frequently than the free shuttle bus. Plus you eliminate the walk from the transit station (called Waterfront Station) to the shuttle bus stop which is about 2 blocks

To clarify... which Richmond hotel are you staying at?

Yes, the Radisson is a fairly new hotel, pretty much downtown Richmond and about 1/2 block from the Aberdeen Canada Line Station. Your $4 fare is good for 90 mins so you will have lots of time to get to the CSB.

The Radisson. Unless you're a stalker...then we're staying at the Motel 6! JK :D

It seems to be in a location near one of the Sky Train stations.

Good choice, it's my prefered budget hotel with the Canada Line subway station across the street.

Some tips...

• get the hotel shuttle to leave YVR to save on the $5 surcharge for everyone in your group.
  • consider a subway daypass to get between the hotel and downtown. 20 minute trip
  • returning to the airport offers both taxi or shuttle. Taxi's a cheap going from hotel to airport, but I don't believe in the fixed price for leaving the airport
  • think about which side you want your room to face. North and West sides offer great views, but I'm not sure of the train noise is OK. I prefer the quieter East side that faces away from the train
  • Staying at the Golden Village... there's 3 grocery stores adjacent to the hotel to supplies.
  • do sample the various Asian cuisine around you. It's like a free ticket to the Orient. Perhaps Dim Sum in the Aberdeen Mall across the street (Fisherman's terrace)
  • you have convenient access to Storybrooke if you want to go there
    http://www.tourismrichmond.com/things-to-do/once/

We are also flying in the day before and arriving around 11:30 and want to do Capilano. We are staying at St. Regis. How close are we to the shuttle to Capilano?

The shuttle originates from in front of Canada Place, if you look at the bridge's website you will see their sked and a map...the St. Regis to Canada Place about 5 easy blocks.

If you have time after visiting the suspension bridge, consider a trail-walk in the Capilano River Regional Park. You can take a bus north from the CSB to the Cleveland Dam for a scenic entry point. The park is regularly missed by visitors to the suspension bridge, which is a bit of a shame.

If you have time after visiting the suspension bridge, consider a trail-walk in the Capilano River Regional Park. You can take a bus north from the CSB to the Cleveland Dam for a scenic entry point. The park is regularly missed by visitors to the suspension bridge, which is a bit of a shame.

As a kid I spent countless hours roaming the park from the dam on down to the park. Maybe, just maybe, we might have jumped the fence once in a while and headed down to the suspension bridge. :D You head for the salmon hatchery. It is a beautiful walk.

As a kid I spent countless hours roaming the park from the dam on down to the park. Maybe, just maybe, we might have jumped the fence once in a while and headed down to the suspension bridge. :D You head for the salmon hatchery. It is a beautiful walk.

Not you too, I think they still have you on the tape.