What is your secret to losing arm fat??!!

Staceelvls

So I going on my first cruise and I would prefer my arms not to sway in the wind. lol It's not that bad, but still share your secrets with me.

:D I feel your pain...I call mine bat wings!!! Its hard to lose but it can be done. Its a slow process. I have lost 20 pounds and only 1/4 inch in my arms so far but they are toning up.

The best way is to get some little hand weights and do bicep and tricep work. Low weight and fast reps is the best way to trip the fat. I am assuming you are just looking to make them leaner...you are not trying for guns are you?

I also saw on Dr. Oz last week the whey protein is good for losing arm fat. I think it was arm fat, or maybe belly fat. I am 99% sure it was belly fat but you can always look it up on his sight! I am not into the protein drinks so I am just going to keep pumping like I am.

DO you have any workout videos? There are some really good ones out there that will target arms.

Ugh! I feel your pain. I've got the flappy arms now that I'm losing weight. Along with old lady looking cellulite on the fronts. Did I say UGH!!! Lifting weight can help, and I also moisturize. At 53 I really don't like how they look, but would rather have them this way than larger. :D

Ugh! I feel your pain. I've got the flappy arms now that I'm losing weight. Along with old lady looking cellulite on the fronts. Did I say UGH!!! Lifting weight can help, and I also moisturize. At 53 I really don't like how they look, but would rather have them this way than larger. :D

Maybe I have been watching too much Dr. OZ...but one show he did a clip about cellulite...apparently eating 1/2 cup of pineapple three times a day significantly reduces cellulite...My only issue with that is my teeth get so sensitive when I eat too much pineapple...but it may be worth a shot! I have it on the front of my thighs, not on my arms yet. I am hoping to avoid that all together be doing weights.

:D I feel your pain...I call mine bat wings!!! Its hard to lose but it can be done. Its a slow process. I have lost 20 pounds and only 1/4 inch in my arms so far but they are toning up.

The best way is to get some little hand weights and do bicep and tricep work. Low weight and fast reps is the best way to trip the fat. I am assuming you are just looking to make them leaner...you are not trying for guns are you?

I also saw on Dr. Oz last week the whey protein is good for losing arm fat. I think it was arm fat, or maybe belly fat. I am 99% sure it was belly fat but you can always look it up on his sight! I am not into the protein drinks so I am just going to keep pumping like I am. :rolleyes:

DO you have any workout videos? There are some really good ones out there that will target arms.

Ok.. the little weights I can do. Last time I tried (15+) weights, it bulked them up too much. Apparently I was doing something wrong. I don't think the kayaking that I was doing at the time helped much. lol

I don't have workout videos, but I did a search on youtube and found alot of videos that target arm fat.

Thx for the article @mollyflyer :D

I'm not a big fan of protein shakes either, but I will do some research on the Dr. Oz recommended products.

Maybe I'll just position my arms behind random objects to hide them.

Thanks for all the advice!! :)

So I going on my first cruise and I would prefer my arms not to sway in the wind. lol It's not that bad, but still share your secrets with me.

LOL after 105 pounds lost mine are very flappy. My youngest son was not afraid to loudly point it out in a restaurant one day either. So I just proudly responded with that's what happens when you've lost over 100 pounds like I have. :) no embarrassment and actually many smiles around me when I turned it into something positive.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Edited by sherilyn70

LOL after 105 pounds lost mine are very flappy. My youngest son was not afraid to loudly point it out in a restaurant one day either. So I just proudly responded with that's what happens when you've lost over 100 pounds like I have. :) no embarrassment and actually many smiles around me when I turned it into something positive.

:eek::eek::eek: WOW!!! Congrats!!! How long did that take you? Was it a rapid weight loss?

:eek::eek::eek: WOW!!! Congrats!!! How long did that take you? Was it a rapid weight loss?

I lost that over the course a year. It wasn't rapid, just consistent. My skin hasn't sneak back like it used to when I was younger. I have extra belly skin too that will never go away without surgery.

• 3 weeks later...
Our medical place said bat wings would really require cosmetic surgery. I use the Just Be Natural whey protein in chocolate with soy milk. Ingredients far superior to those muscle proteins, only sold at the weight loss center.

Why is that any different from any other whey protein? I use The Organic Whey protein powder, which has no chemicals or additives. One ingredient, whey protein from organic, pasture centered, family farmed cows.

As I said, weights will build muscle to fill out some of the "wings."

Crossfit.

or heavy lifting & cardio

PLUS clean diet 80/20

paleo

You don't need to lift heavy. I have great arms with well defined muscle and no wings and my heaviest weights are on my 70 pound lat pulls. I use 15's or 20's for pullovers and 8's for flys.

You also don't need Paleo. I do agree that a clean diet is important for overall health.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm convinced that nothing short of surgery will get rid of it, which I'm not willing to do. I lost 75+ pounds, not rapidly. I work out doing arm exercises daily and have been doing so for several years. I have big muscles in the front/top but underneath my arms the thin wrinkly skin just sags.

Edited by Perfect Stranger

I'm convinced that nothing short of surgery will get rid of it, which I'm not willing to do. I lost 75+ pounds, not rapidly. I work out doing arm exercises daily and have been doing so for several years. I have big muscles in the front/top but underneath my arms the thin wrinkly skin just sags.

It sounds like you are only doing exercise to build your biceps. You need to build your triceps as well. Those are the muscles under your arms. Exercise the builds lat muscles can also help.

It sounds like you are only doing exercise to build your biceps. You need to build your triceps as well. Those are the muscles under your arms. Exercise the builds lat muscles can also help.

I do regularly include exercises for triceps, but when you lose that much weight there's simply too much flesh dangling down under the arms. If I haven't lost it by now, I never will. :o