Doubletree Westminster to Liverpool Street Station

cruzky

I have a couple of questions?

We will be departing from Doubletree Westminster on Friday August 15th to Harwich. What would be a good time to arrange for a taxi pick up at our hotel? How long would the journey be and does anyone have any idea how much a taxi would cost? Is there a flat rate to Liverpool Street station or does the meter run the entire time? Are there places to get breakfast before boarding the train at the station? Can you just walk up and purchase tickets to the cruise train or do you have to purchase in advance?

Thanks for you answers,

Roseanna

How long would the journey be and does anyone have any idea how much a taxi would cost? Is there a flat rate to Liverpool Street station or does the meter run the entire time? Are there places to get breakfast before boarding the train at the station?
I would expect it to take about half an hour and cost about £20. A licensed taxi will do it all on the meter.

There are lots of food outlets at the station, so no worries there. Your main difficulty will be choosing where to go.

I have a couple of questions?

We will be departing from Doubletree Westminster on Friday August 15th to Harwich. What would be a good time to arrange for a taxi pick up at our hotel? How long would the journey be and does anyone have any idea how much a taxi would cost? Is there a flat rate to Liverpool Street station or does the meter run the entire time? Are there places to get breakfast before boarding the train at the station? Can you just walk up and purchase tickets to the cruise train or do you have to purchase in advance?

Thanks for you answers,

Roseanna

IMO if you are travelling after around 9.30 then I would estimate a taxi will take around 20-25 mins. Cost is per the meter and an estimate would be £20-£28, plus tip.

Liverpool St Station is full of cafes and fast food outlets so a huge choice of places to grab a bite if your hotel doesnt include breakfast.

There is no discount on this train route if purchasing in advance. However if you were thinking of getting the once per day direct cruise train (the only direct train of the day) I would book ahead to ensure you get a space. However, if you are happy to change trains once, you can save over £22 pp and can get to the ship a little earlier. These tickets can be purchased at the station but of course you would need to be able to manage your luggage from one train to another.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by kevinyork

• 1 month later...

I have a question for anyone who has used the "Cruise Train"

We are staying at the DoubleTree Tower of London location so its not real far for us to get to Liverpool St Station

My questions are , how early can we get there for our 12;29 departure

and I am not clear on luggage. Just what do we do with it? I have been on some trains in the past that have a small area for luggage to be stored.

I am sure some one out there has useful tips.

Thanks

My questions are , how early can we get there for our 12;29 departure and I am not clear on luggage. Just what do we do with it? I have been on some trains in the past that have a small area for luggage to be stored.
You can go to Liverpool Street station whenever you want. But there really isn't much of interest there. Give yourself enough time to buy or collect your tickets, if you need to do that there, and a bit of margin in case there's some unexpected hiccup in getting there. And time for getting breakfast there if you need some.

The luggage goes into the carriage with you, and you'll need to get it on board yourself. I don't know exactly what the arrangements are for stowage, and others may know whether there is any form of dedicated luggage storage area on board, but at worst it will simply involve a bit of improvisation.

You can go to Liverpool Street station whenever you want. But there really isn't much of interest there. Give yourself enough time to buy or collect your tickets, if you need to do that there, and a bit of margin in case there's some unexpected hiccup in getting there. And time for getting breakfast there if you need some.

The luggage goes into the carriage with you, and you'll need to get it on board yourself. I don't know exactly what the arrangements are for stowage, and others may know whether there is any form of dedicated luggage storage area on board, but at worst it will simply involve a bit of improvisation.

Thanks for the reply

I was wondering how early the train is there for boarding , I should have been more clearer in my post .

I didn't know if its like 10 minutes or 20 etc. I wanted to be there to avoid a big rush of passengers.

Again Thank You for taking the time to reply

TheMiz

There are luggage racks, but if you have a lot....

Bob++

Thanks for the photo , that is something I wanted to avoid if possible.

I figured that was a big no no, but if others do it then I am ok with it.

I was wondering how early the train is there for boarding , I should have been more clearer in my post .

I didn't know if its like 10 minutes or 20 etc.

It'll probably be something of that order. That would be plenty of time to get onboard without having to rush, or get swept up in other people's last minute rush.