Nice place to stay 1 or 2 nights in FLD

Iamthesea

We are looking for a nice hotel, boutique hotel, Inn or B&B for 1 or 2 nights in February 2015. Any suggestions for something fairly close to Port Everglades and the water taxi? Something new or different would be wonderful!

We have previously stayed at The Riverside Hotel, Renaissance, Embassy Suites, Holiday Inn Express, Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina, and the Bahia Mar Resort. Any of the above been recently renovated that you could recommend us returning to?

Edited by Iamthesea

We are looking for a nice hotel, boutique hotel, Inn or B&B for 1 or 2 nights in February 2015. Any suggestions for something fairly close to Port Everglades and the water taxi? Something new or different would be wonderful!

We have previously stayed at The Riverside Hotel, Renaissance, Embassy Suites, Holiday Inn Express, Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina, and the Bahia Mar Resort. Any of the above been recently renovated that you could recommend us returning to?

Pillars Hotel - there is a water taxi stop closeby (near Beach Place)

http://www.pillarshotel.com/

Il Lugano Hotel- the water taxi stop is on the south side of the Oakland Park Bridge, at Shooters/Flip Flops (hotel is on north side of bridge)

http://www.illugano.com/

Doubletree Gallery One - water taxi stop is right outside hotel

http://doubletree3.hilton.com/en/hotels/florida/galleryone-a-doubletree-suites-by-hilton-hotel-FLLTSDT/index.html

Edited by brunello22

I think The Pillars is what you are looking for. The view is gorgeous! It's about 3 miles from Port Everglades. It's the closest thing to an Inn/B&B that I've ever seen in Fort Lauderdale.

Edited by royalcruz

Funny...I checked out The Pillars last night. Looks like a contender!

I will check the other suggestions out. Thank you. :)

I previously mentioned that we had stayed at the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina, but I believe it was the Doubletree Galleria. PF Chang around the corner. We were not that impressed with the location of our room...near a stairwell. :(

What about Alhambra? We haven't stayed there yet but we will in about 2 weeks. Good reviews and close to the beach. I don't think they are too far from the port and a couple of blocks from the water taxi.

I haven't stayed there or been inside, but I walk by there a lot. Alhambra is the nicest small hotel that I've seen in it's price range. The location is really awesome and they have free parking and continental breakfast and the property looks to be very well maintained. You were lucky to get a room there in high tourist season.

We are staying at the Il Lugano Suites in May, as our friends stayed there and said it was pretty great! They're all apartment-like units, and fairly reasonably priced. It's right on the Intracoastal waters, and there is a water taxi as well. It might be a little further North, so we rented a car, but from what I have heard, many people take cabs over there too.

Ah...I like both the Pillars and the Il Lugano Suites, though I think that my husband will like the IL Suites the best. I tried to check reservations for 2/2015 and get this:

We apologize. There are no available rooms for your desired dates. Please modify your dates or number of guests.

The nearest night available that matches your request is 1/16/2015

I assume that it is because a reservation cannot be made this far out. Same for The Pillars.

Thank you all for the suggestions. We will either stay at one of the above, or The Riverside. ;)

I haven't stayed there or been inside, but I walk by there a lot. Alhambra is the nicest small hotel that I've seen in it's price range. The location is really awesome and they have free parking and continental breakfast and the property looks to be very well maintained. You were lucky to get a room there in high tourist season.

Hi Sharon,

First I want to say that I read a lot of your advice and take it as well when it applies...thank you. Next in order not to stray off topic, we really believe we were lucky with Alhambra. We booked it in April and got their last room then...quite popular!

Does Alhambra have any wheelchair accessible rooms?

From looking at their pictures I didn't think they were wheelchair accessible but I sent a quick email to ask. They answered quickly but unfortunately their rooms are not. Appears they have a couple of wide steps to get to the ground floor.

DH picked The Pillars! :eek::D:)

You are REALLY going to love this place. It is really an oasis in the middle of an oasis.

You can catch the trolley to head up Las Olas. Check out Lobster Bar, Royal Pig, YOLO, Timpanos, Big City Tavern, JohnnyVs, or American Social for dinner.

DH picked The Pillars! :eek::D:)

That is awesome - one of Fort Lauderdale's best kept secrets!

I just happened to find this info on their website about a pre-post cruise package:

PRE / POST CRUISE PACKAGE

The Pillars is ideally located for anyone embarking on a cruise from Port Everglades. 20 minutes from the airport and 10 minutes from the port, we will pick you up and drop you off.

Our Pre/Post Cruise package includes:

• Your choice of accommodation
  • American, Continental or Healthy Breakfast in the morning
  • Pick up at Fort Lauderdale airport upon arrival
  • Drop off at Port Everglades upon departure
  • Breakfast served in the dining room, extra fee apply for dockside service if available ($5), gratuities not included

That is awesome - one of Fort Lauderdale's best kept secrets!

I just happened to find this info on their website about a pre-post cruise package:

The Pillars is ideally located for anyone embarking on a cruise from Port Everglades. 20 minutes from the airport and 10 minutes from the port, we will pick you up and drop you off.

• Breakfast served in the dining room, extra fee apply for dockside service if available ($5), gratuities not included

Wow! That is what everyone is always looking for! Fantastic package.

Wow! That is what everyone is always looking for! Fantastic package.

I saw that package listed. Sounds nice, but don't know what is added on for the package. I wrote the Pillars last night about rates for 2015, but have not heard back from them yet.