Pullman Vs Sofabed

quanmama

We will be on Brilliance of the Seas next summer. This will be our first RCCL cruise. We got a hump cabin which has a pullman bed for y 6yo. Can someone tell me where the pullman bed is located ? Does it come down from right on top of the queen/twins? I recall the pullman on Golden Princess (balcony cabin) came right down on top of one of our twins and it worked perfectly.

Pros and Cons of Pullman Vs Sofabed?

Serenade of the Seas, balcony cabin with pullman and sofabed.

1089079353040294595S500x500Q85.jpg

Thank you so much for the picture.

So it looks like there is a pullman and a sofabed in the cabin?

Ours is a E1 hump cabin on deck 8.

You need to find your cabin on the deck plans. If it has a "diamond" next to the cabin number it has a pullman and a sofabed, if it has " * " it has just the pullman bed.

Thanks. We already knew that our cabin has a pullman and we are trying to figure out if sofabed is better or not and may consider switching if most people recommend sofaded.

Sounds like many people like pullman since it takes up less space.

It seems to me that the comfort levels are about the same.

Of course one has to feel comfortable to be up in the pullman.

My DH slept on the pullman last cruise and I was always a bit concerned that it will collapse :P (He weighted about 170 lbs).

• 3 years later...
Serenade of the Seas, balcony cabin with pullman and sofabed.

1089079353040294595S500x500Q85.jpg

Thank you so much for the picture...i tried to figure out how does it look like in a cabin with a pullmanbed..... you helped me very much.

Have nice day,

Summer

• 3 weeks later...

we are booked on liberty of the seas and have adjoining room with friends. It's showing a pullman in our room. We have 3- myself, DH and DS who is 23 years old. Room 3624 joining 3622. Does anyone have a picture of this room and/or is the pullman located above the beds ? I have visions of him rolling down on top of us. Maybe I will take the top bed lol !

The pullman comes down over the main bed.....and is usually more comfortable than the sofa bed. However, for a 6 year old...who cares? They weigh nothing and can sleep anywhere. "Comfort" is not an issue with little kids. You can put them on the floor, and they'll be fine.

So, if you have a sofabed, and don't want them overhead...use the sofa! Not a big deal to a small child!

The pullman comes down over the main bed.....and is usually more comfortable than the sofa bed. However, for a 6 year old...who cares? They weigh nothing and can sleep anywhere. "Comfort" is not an issue with little kids. You can put them on the floor, and they'll be fine.

So, if you have a sofabed, and don't want them overhead...use the sofa! Not a big deal to a small child!

no sofabed because of adjoining rooms and he's 23 lol... think I may be the one climbing up there....

My daughter has slept on both and prefers the pullman for comfort. She is a young adult though. I think I would prefer the sofabed for a child. He has to climb up and down a ladder to get up there and it is over the heads of the adults sleeping under it.

Archived