Anyone have info on a catamaran trip that does some snorkeling and beach time

fedexretiree

• 2 weeks later...
I would like some recommendations on a catamaran trip that would do some snorkeling and also have some beach time as well. I have done some research and can't find anything. I can't afford to charter a boat for just 2 people.

Hi, Are you arriving in Antigua on a Cruise or are you staying in a Hotel there :)

I would like some recommendations on a catamaran trip that would do some snorkeling and also have some beach time as well. I have done some research and can't find anything. I can't afford to charter a boat for just 2 people.

Hi, We have used both The EXCELLENCE and MYSTIC Catamaran trips many times while in ANTIGUA - they are both 5* you pick them up just at the Port of St John's where the ships dock

You can email them ahead and make your reservation and you pay on the Day

When you disembark, you simply walk to the end of the dockside, vere to the right and you will see both The Excellence and the Mystic Catamarans

You get lunch drinks and many beach stops and you get to snorkel on The Excellence too:)

Depending which Cruise line you are on, they may well do this as a ship's tour

You wiLL NOT be disappointed - it is a FAB Day trip

Edited by yamanid

You will see that I have gone ahead and sent you some details re Catamaran in Antigua - any questions please just ask:)

Thanks for the help. I do have a few questions for you. Let me know exactly which tour you were on and which one is the best.

1. Celebrity does offer the Mystic Lobster Cruise and I would like to know how much snorkeling is involved with this trip. Says on Celebrity web site that they stop at 2 beaches but doesn't mention snorkeling. Also, is this the same tour that you can book directly or is it a different tour booked independently?

2. Excellence circumnavigation, how much snorkeling and beach time is with this one?

3. Mystic Cades Reef and Snorkeling again, how much snorkeling is there with this tour?

Thanks for the help. I do have a few questions for you. Let me know exactly which tour you were on and which one is the best.

1. Celebrity does offer the Mystic Lobster Cruise and I would like to know how much snorkeling is involved with this trip. Says on Celebrity web site that they stop at 2 beaches but doesn't mention snorkeling. Also, is this the same tour that you can book directly or is it a different tour booked independently?

2. Excellence circumnavigation, how much snorkeling and beach time is with this one?

3. Mystic Cades Reef and Snorkeling again, how much snorkeling is there with this tour?

Hi We have used both MYSTIC and Excellence many times and are both great - the Cats, Crew, Food, Drinks, Music etc and so convenient for the ship, as it is right at the Port

I will give you this:- Call (268) 480-1225, email tropad@candw.ag or visit our website http://www.tropicalad.com for more information, Then you can find out what suits you best, the person we normally deal with is PIA - I do believe that the 2 Companies are now as 1 - both Cats sit in the Port side by side

As you are obviously interested in a trip with mainly snorkelling, I think by contacting them direct they will organise accordingly for you - and it depends which day you are arriving there

Are you by any chance going to BONAIRE? As this is one of The Best places in the World for snorkelling :)

There is also another Company Wadadli Cats, also at the port, to the left hand side rather than the right, we have never used them but know people who have and they absolutely loved the snorkelling with them - you could always google them and have a look there:)

There is also another Company Wadadli Cats, also at the port, to the left hand side rather than the right, we have never used them but know people who have and they absolutely loved the snorkelling with them - you could always google them and have a look there:)

THANKS. I sent Wadadli an email about their Cades Reef snorkel and haven't heard back yet.

Our first choice would have been Mystic Cades Reef and Snorkel but they said that they aren't doing that trip the day we are there.

When you took the Excellence, did you do the Circumnavagation? (It is available from Celebrity) They go to Green Island and was wondering what that is like if that's where you went.

I also am looking at Eli Eco Tour as well.

Here is what I got back from Mystic

The Mystic Cades Reef & Snorkel

· Snorkeling is done at Cades Reef

· There are two beach stops of the captains choice based on wave direction. Most likely Deep Bay and Fryers Beach

Mystic Lobster Lunch

· The difference between this and Cades Reef is there is Lobster Served onboard, there is no snorkeling however.

Excellence Circumnavigation

· There is one stop made at an off shore Island called Green Island.

· Time spent there is approx. 2.5hrs

· Snorkeling, Beach Time and Lunch is served at green island.

Since you are arriving via the Summit, you should book with shore excursions online/onboard. It is actually the same tour. However, the Cades Reef & Snorkel may not be available on this day.

I haven't gone yet, but what about Eli's Eco Tour? It's a catamaran trip with snorkeling and a beach stop; includes lunch and drinks too.

I am looking at this one as well. Thanks for the information. Are you planning on taking this tour any time soon??

THANKS. I sent Wadadli an email about their Cades Reef snorkel and haven't heard back yet.

Our first choice would have been Mystic Cades Reef and Snorkel but they said that they aren't doing that trip the day we are there.

When you took the Excellence, did you do the Circumnavagation? (It is available from Celebrity) They go to Green Island and was wondering what that is like if that's where you went.

I also am looking at Eli Eco Tour as well.

Here is what I got back from Mystic

The Mystic Cades Reef & Snorkel

· Snorkeling is done at Cades Reef

· There are two beach stops of the captains choice based on wave direction. Most likely Deep Bay and Fryers Beach

Mystic Lobster Lunch

· The difference between this and Cades Reef is there is Lobster Served onboard, there is no snorkeling however.

Excellence Circumnavigation

· There is one stop made at an off shore Island called Green Island.

· Time spent there is approx. 2.5hrs

· Snorkeling, Beach Time and Lunch is served at green island.

Since you are arriving via the Summit, you should book with shore excursions online/onboard. It is actually the same tour. However, the Cades Reef & Snorkel may not be available on this day.

Hi, Yes we have done Excellence Circumnavigation and gone to Green Island, you can only reach this by boat - the snorkelling is close to shore which is very good - we had our lunch there and time on the beach :) We have also done snorkelling with the Mystic but I believe they only do that on certain days, so you would need to check with them good luck whatever you decide to do