Chocolate Factory

lmgouglas

Has anyone been to the Cottontree Chocolate Factory in Belize? Is there another one close to the port. We are going to be visiting off the Carnival Liberty and thought this would be a neat thing for the kids to see....

Never been to Belize, but I found this written about Moho Chocolate right within Tourism Village...thinking about a stop there in August.

Moho Chocolate Factory & Café

Moho Chocolate Factory & Cafe

Owner Jeff Pzena has created our absolute must stop in Belize. He buys raw beans direct from the farms (giving them a better price for their produce by cutting out the middle man). Moho then roasts the beans, mixes them with pure cane sugar and fresh milk (for the milk chocolates), tempers the chocolate and packages it right there on the premises. Although the chocolate is heavenly as is, they also add ingredients like lime and sea salt, fresh peanuts, ginger and ground chili to make your mouth think it has died and gone to heaven.

Although it may seem silly, take the tour. It’s only $2 and takes about 5 minutes considering how small the shop is. However, the reason you want the tour is the samples that go with it. Trust me, you’re going to get a lot more than $2 worth of chocolates with the milk shake, brownie, and samples of all of the flavors they make. On the way out, grab some cookies and brownies to take back to the ship and a milkshake for the walk. You won’t regret it. And grab a few bags of the assorted squares. They make great gifts.

The shop is located in the Front Street Tourist Village in Belize. When you get off the tender from the ship, turn left and head about 300 meters down from the Diamonds International shop (which is also a good place to grab some fruit punch). Although this is a small operation, they have plans to expand production to be able to ship out of Miami.

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

Moho is great -right at the pier. They have wonderful chocolate, you can do a $2 "tour" which is basically someone explaining the chocolate making process and very short, but comes with samples of chocolate, brownies, and a milkshake. They are very passionate about how their beans are grown and handled. There's also a nice bar out front to get chocolate drinks or, if you're weird like me, have a beer with your chocolate which has always been one of my favorite combinations. :)

Moho is great -right at the pier. They have wonderful chocolate, you can do a $2 "tour" which is basically someone explaining the chocolate making process and very short, but comes with samples of chocolate, brownies, and a milkshake. They are very passionate about how their beans are grown and handled. There's also a nice bar out front to get chocolate drinks or, if you're weird like me, have a beer with your chocolate which has always been one of my favorite combinations. :)

Beer and chocolate is fantastic. :D

• 3 months later...
Never been to Belize, but I found this written about Moho Chocolate right within Tourism Village...thinking about a stop there in August.

Moho Chocolate Factory & Café

Moho Chocolate Factory & Cafe

Owner Jeff Pzena has created our absolute must stop in Belize. He buys raw beans direct from the farms (giving them a better price for their produce by cutting out the middle man). Moho then roasts the beans, mixes them with pure cane sugar and fresh milk (for the milk chocolates), tempers the chocolate and packages it right there on the premises. Although the chocolate is heavenly as is, they also add ingredients like lime and sea salt, fresh peanuts, ginger and ground chili to make your mouth think it has died and gone to heaven.

Although it may seem silly, take the tour. It’s only $2 and takes about 5 minutes considering how small the shop is. However, the reason you want the tour is the samples that go with it. Trust me, you’re going to get a lot more than $2 worth of chocolates with the milk shake, brownie, and samples of all of the flavors they make. On the way out, grab some cookies and brownies to take back to the ship and a milkshake for the walk. You won’t regret it. And grab a few bags of the assorted squares. They make great gifts.

The shop is located in the Front Street Tourist Village in Belize. When you get off the tender from the ship, turn left and head about 300 meters down from the Diamonds International shop (which is also a good place to grab some fruit punch). Although this is a small operation, they have plans to expand production to be able to ship out of Miami.

I am very confused ! I love the idea of going to the chocolate factory I also like the idea of getting to sample and bring some back to this ship and some for gifts. But is that not a problem reentering the US. I thought we were not allowed to bring any food products. I'm new at this so bear with me

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've seen a few threads about Moho and have a question about pricing. Looking at the variety of chocolate bars they have I'd like to bring a couple of each back for myself, and maybe a few for some other chocoholics I know.

I had read some where that they are $7 a bar. Even if that's in Belize Dollars, it's still about $3.50 US. Kind of pricey. Is this price accurate based on the experiences of those who have been there recently?

I've seen a few threads about Moho and have a question about pricing. Looking at the variety of chocolate bars they have I'd like to bring a couple of each back for myself, and maybe a few for some other chocoholics I know.

I had read some where that they are $7 a bar. Even if that's in Belize Dollars, it's still about $3.50 US. Kind of pricey. Is this price accurate based on the experiences of those who have been there recently?

It was $7 US when we were there a few weeks ago. But when we paid foe the $2 tour we were given a coupon for $2 off.

It was $7 US when we were there a few weeks ago. But when we paid foe the $2 tour we were given a coupon for $2 off.

Thanks. Guess I won't be bringing back as much as I had hoped :D