What to do in Miami - after cruise b4 flight home

KRD

Hi! Any advice would be appreciated.

Looking for things to do in Miami....our flight leaves at 7 pm and we will be off the ship in the morning by 10 am.

I will have a six year old with me. Any tips on what we can do to in Miami rather than sit at the airport all day?

Thanks for your help.:D

Last two times in Miami, we had the same dilemma. Solution: take a cab to the airport as soon as you disembark. Have them drop you off near the rental car area. Once we went with Enterprise and had to check in at baggage claim (not convenient) and another time we were with Hertz, which has an off-airport location (convenient.) Tell the cabbie to drop you off there. You will obviously have an advance reservation. Cost is around $50 for the day, at most. Maybe you can save a few bucks off that.

Anyway, load the luggage in the car and take off. You can go out to the Everglades, out to Key Biscayne, or go shopping somewhere. The day is yours.

We drove around, went out to the Key to climb the lighthouse, and hung out in a park in South Miami near where I grew up as a kid. It was a lot of fun.

Or you can save the $24 cab fare, reserve a rental car with Thrifty, Dollar or Alamo and grab the free rental car shuttle from the cruiseport to the airport car rental office. ;)

/////////////

Archived