Mr Sanchos Cozumel Day pass

arco5618

Looooove Mr. Sanchos and the all-inclusive makes for a nice day. We snacked through the day which was fun. Since DH doesn't drink alcohol I'm not sure if we would have really spent $90 for the two of us but it would have been close enough and are planning on doing it again in November. Have a great time!!

We went there and I had gotten a price off the internet and set it up. When we got there they wanted more (much more than I had been quoted). Dumb me didn't take a printout of the E mail with me. The place was nice enough but we had to argue and finally settled on a price somewhere between what was quoted and what they wanted. Thus we won't go back there. The man who we had to talk to was the one I had gotten the E mail from. Rude, Rude, Rude. So if you go make sure you print out any quote you were given.

Didn't do it on an AI basis, but the place was nice enough.

Our only problem was that when we went for lunch (which would have been on a cash basis), we only got as far as having a beer after 90 minutes and had to leave with no food until we got back to the ship.

This might have been a one-time problem, and it was 2 years ago, but thought I should comment.

Have great cruise!

We went there and I had gotten a price off the internet and set it up. When we got there they wanted more (much more than I had been quoted). Dumb me didn't take a printout of the E mail with me. The place was nice enough but we had to argue and finally settled on a price somewhere between what was quoted and what they wanted. Thus we won't go back there. The man who we had to talk to was the one I had gotten the E mail from. Rude, Rude, Rude. So if you go make sure you print out any quote you were given.

If you book through Beach Tours you pay a $5.00 per person deposit for the AI and you have a receipt and a confirmation. You also save $5.00 per person when booking online. It specifically says to bring the paperwork with you to Mr. Sanchos. We did this in May with no problems whatsoever. They honored the $45.00 AI adult price and we paid only the balance due. They tell you to book through Beach Tours or Cozumel Water Sports.

We will be there again on Aug 23 - paid a deposit of $30.00 for 4 adults and 2 children and we owe $190.00 on arrival.

If you have your receipt, you pay the balance on the receipt, no problems. We paid a $5 deposit in advance and paid the balance that was printed on the confirmation email when we arrived. Zero issues

It was a perfect day and our favorite day of the cruise. We had Mario and Junior waiting on us all day. There were 8 of us and we kept them VERY busy all day. We gave them $60 tip (total) at the end of the day.

• 2 weeks later...

We've been to Mr. Sancho's twice and loved it both times. Did the AI in December and the service was great. We tipped Roman, our server, $10 in the very beginning and asked him to keep the drinks flowing which he did. We probably had about 8-10 drinks each and they even bring extra shots if you want them. We ate off and on all day long too! Chips & Guacamole (best I've had), Shrimp Nachos, Chicken Nachos, Grilled Shrimp, Steak Fajita's and several orders of Fish Taco's. If you go there and you like fish even a little, you've got to try the Fish Taco's. They are fabulous and I have never ordered Fish Taco's in my life. Like I said, service was awesome and we gave Roman another $20 before we left which was right before it closed and they were literally pulling the water toys out of the ocean by hand. We're going to Nachi Cocum this time to try something different and my only regret is that we won't get the Fish Taco's from Mr. Sancho's. Maybe next time though! Here's a few pics of food & beach there.

432688483_2010-12-1812_23_10.jpg.36988f7bf1bf90786c71c6ca22f0a575.jpg

1092022456_2010-12-1812_47_21.jpg.6dd547d697d7b89cf9bd232e6c889aa0.jpg

394311701_2010-12-1812_57_29.jpg.3e4fc333e1026deb40357e7974c2f99d.jpg

Our family of 6 spent Aug 23 at Mr. Sanchos. DH and a I were there in May and decided it would be perfect for our kids and grandkids. I pre-booked and there were absolutely no issues when I presented our confirmation. We paid the balance and were quickly shown to our palapa. We were assigned Francisco and Roman and they brought the food and drink all day. I tipped both of them generously when we were preparing to depart and also tipped Felipe the bartender on behalf of the family members who used the swim up bar. Everything was delicious.

DH and I will definitely return to Mr. Sanchos on our cruise in January.

My husband and I went there in June, thought we didn't pay for all-inclusive. We had a long day of shopping downtown and just wanted to go to the beach for a little while. It started raining 5 minutes after we got there, which was disappointing, but we made the most out of it. After 30 minutes of rain we gave up and went to the restaurant. I believe my husband got an appetizer and we both got an entree, one coconut drink for him and I had a diet Coke. I think our bill was $40 something with tip. Of course as we were on our way to get a cab back to the ship it stopped raining, go figure. :o It was a nice time, but unless you plan on drinking a lot and using their water rides/toys I don't think it would be worth it to go the all-inclusive route. We're going back to Cozumel twice in December on a B2B, so I think we're going to try one of the other places one day and maybe come back there on the 2nd visit.

• 4 weeks later...
Did anyone snorkel there? Heard snorkeling isn't very good from sandy beach areas. Appreciate any info.

I have never snorkeled there so would love to hear from others on this as well. We are going back for our third time in a week and a half.

I LOVE Mr. Sancho's. Always the highlight of our cruise!!

Sorry this happened to you. After reading so many similar reports I'm wondering if we should chance it. I just don't like those kind of hassles when on vacation...not sure what we'll decide to do when we cruise in January:confused:

Our group loved Mr Sanchos..I booked everything thru Cozumel Water Sports and the guy was great! Most of the group pre-paid and some just did the deposit and paid the balance there. The food and service was excellent :D..needless to say by the time we got back everyone was a little tipsy lol

Sorry this happened to you. After reading so many similar reports I'm wondering if we should chance it. I just don't like those kind of hassles when on vacation...not sure what we'll decide to do when we cruise in January:confused:

There is nothing to "chance". Just bring your email reservation. No hassles. Just pay the balance printed in the email. Simple. Its a great place.

• 3 weeks later...

My hubby and I will be going to Cozumel next month for the first time and are looking for a relaxing day at the beach.

I as well as others would like to know how the snorkeling is from the beach. Also how does it compare to Nachi Cocom? What are the differences?

And if I want to pay the deposit how do I go about that?

Does it get really packed with people from the cruise ships? The day we are there 6 ships wil be in port. Thanks for your help.

We have been to Mr. Sanchos twice with the kids and twice without, always been a great time, and never had any hassle at all. The worst that ever happened was I had to walk up to the bar and get my own drink once.

You get there by taxi, and it takes 10-15 minutes, don't remember how much it cost but it is reasonable.

We're booked there for March. And am very happy to see the generally good reviews. The think I really liked was that they offer a no-alcohol teen rate- with 3 18 year olds in tow who do not (will not) drink, this is a nice little extra.

Does anyone have any info on the specific water toys that they have at Mr. Sanchos and how much those are if you don't do the AI?

Thanks!

we booked the AI for december. the water things are large inflatables to climb and jump from and that was 12 dollars additional.. it is 12 dollars whether you do the AI or not. cant wait to see for myself!! :D