UAV (Drone) Pilot Question

OK ... I'm really going to try and target this thread to other UAV pilots who fly while in port. Many islands will allow UAVs, away from commercial areas of course, while some do not, and others have no official policy. I'm looking to hear what islands and what locations operators have enjoyed the most. Also, if you have run into issues on some islands, I'd be interested to hear your experiences.ImageUploadedByForums1463454351.985463.jpg.513d7a6daa3207e651afdcca5e941de7.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I'm sure you are a very responsible drone flyer; I am not suggesting that you should not operate one. But do be aware that cruiseline policies are becoming more and more strict about allowing them to be brought on board. Princess specifically lists 'UAV (drones)' as prohibited items, while Carnival, your line of choice, prohibits 'radio controlled flying toys of all kinds'. I doubt if you want to become enmeshed in whether your drone is or is not a toy at check-in, so do be aware of the constantly changing nature of the prohibited items list.

Prohibited items can be brought onboard, but you need to turn them in to security during your time onboard. That's not a problem since no responsible drone flyer would even think of using it onboard anyway. When you dock, just collect the UAV and when you return to the ship you hand it over again.

If you contact the cruiseline before you cruise it's possible to bring a UAV.

The cruiseline that I cruised on for 21nts in a row with mine, also lists UAV's as prohibited items.

Edited by Extra Kim

• 1 month later...
Prohibited items can be brought onboard, but you need to turn them in to security during your time onboard. That's not a problem since no responsible drone flyer would even think of using it onboard anyway. When you dock, just collect the UAV and when you return to the ship you hand it over again.

If you contact the cruiseline before you cruise it's possible to bring a UAV.

The cruiseline that I cruised on for 21nts in a row with mine, also lists UAV's as prohibited items.

Actually, Carnival allows them to be kept in your cabin for use off e ship in ports, I'm sure other lines have other policies. Thanks!