Help me decide a cruise (it's down to two) to bring my daughter along

greenfroggie

We're planning a Pacific coastal cruise in the fall and the two real choices are Princess - Crown Princess and RCI - Explorer of the Seas.

We've both sailed plenty on our own, before kids, and thus we have good Princess "points" and I do like the itinerary better, but it seems Princess does not have baby sitting for our 1yo.

RCI seems like it would be better for our daughter (seems more kid friendly) and they do have baby sitting, but the itinerary is less desirable (though very similar!) and less desirable departure date. Only one of us has been with RCI before and 20 years ago. It might be the more 'new' experience?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks! :D

I would ask this same question on both the RC and Princess forums, where it has a better chance of reaching people who have been on both ships:

RC: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83

Princess: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=197

Edited by clarea

I'm not sure Explorer has the "nursery".... if not, you'll have to do the "in cabin" babysitting" if available...it's not guaranteed.

You may have to have control of your child the entire time...just like at home!

I thought Disney was the only line that had babysitting for babies under two. Most babysitting is not in your cabin but is a slumber party in kid area with other kids (until, on Carnival 3AM!.)

RCI will have more kids, is friendlier for kids but at a year old that makes no difference as at that age they're not into playing with lots of other babies.

Don't just get on either ship expecting babysitting for you. Make SURE they have it for you. I have seen usually fathers carrying sleeping babies on there shoulders past midnight. (What are those babies like the next day?)