Should I upgrade ???

katiensb

I am currently booked and paid in full for an inside D2 Guar. It appears that all insides are sold out...Cunard is now offering a balcony guar. for $85.00 more pp. Should I go with the Balcony or hope for an upgrade?

Thanks

Depends how much of a gambler you are.....$15/night (assuming its a crossing) for a balcony seems pretty reasonable.....if you get left in your inside, you might end up spending that much or more in the bars to simply get out of your cabin! How often are you planning on crossing?

Peter

I am currently booked and paid in full for an inside D2 Guar. It appears that all insides are sold out...Cunard is now offering a balcony guar. for $85.00 more pp. Should I go with the Balcony or hope for an upgrade?

Thanks

I would go for it at this price (unless it means you have to cut the same amount from shore excursions or other extras to your cruise). A balcony must be SO NICE, I think it's a very good price.

Thanks

The balcony will give u more light and also more space so I wold say yes.

Everything else is the same.

Regards

Chris and Pam

Thanks

GO FOR THE BALCONY ITS A GREAT PRICE AND YOU WILL LUV THE BALCONY!!!!

Guest juliae

Yes, definitely request the upgrade! You will receive far more value than the cost of the upgrade. That is always what I recommend - break down the price to a per diem rate and consider the benefits. Balcony staterooms are divine....

Regards,

Julia

Yes, definitely request the upgrade! You will receive far more value than the cost of the upgrade. That is always what I recommend - break down the price to a per diem rate and consider the benefits. Balcony staterooms are divine....

Regards,

Julia

I agree - other than my first trip I have always had a balcony and wouldn't not have one now.

For £45, it's a snip.

Go for it.

TA just informed me it will be another $100.00 pp to upgrade to the balcony guarantee B4...still worth it?

Katie

Well, of course, this is a very subjective issue. The real question is whether it's worth it to you. If it were us, we would go for it. Have a great cruise!

Thanks

You will wind up with an obstructed balcony, still better than an inside. At $85, there should be no question.

You will wind up with an obstructed balcony, still better than an inside. At $85, there should be no question.

Katie,

If I remember correctly, this is November, no? (Too lazy to look) I say hold out. If Insides are sold out, and you are bookd inside gurantee, you are BOUND to be upgraded. Maybe not to balcony, but if you do get balcony, it will likely be either the obstructed, or maybe the hull hole. I honestly think you might as well wait and see what they offer. Or just "Innocently" call Cunard to ask if you have been designated a cabin yet- just curious, because ou're so-o-o excited! They may offer you an upgrade then and there! I wouldn't pay the extra and lock in just yet.

I think you will get upgraded, no doubt.

Karie,

Who followed a car from Volusia County here in CT yesterday and was almost going to stop her and say hello! (Had a DB car dealer's tag thing on it.)

I just checked the Cunard UK site. We are now B4 Guar. It is one of those "sheltered balconies". But, at least it is a window. Now to wait until Jan., to see where we end up.

Thanks for all your help,

Katie

Karie...i was just thinking about you the other day..catered another function..full of firemen :)

Don't forget, it could still be quite warm in November. Depending on what time of day she gets the sun the "balcony" will be unusable because of

the heat and will also heat up her stateroom. I would hold out for a real

balcony even if it is obstructed.

Karie...i was just thinking about you the other day..catered another function..full of firemen :)

Ya just gotta watch 'em when they try to pull out their hoses! <G>

Myself, I got soaked today in the awful rainstorm we had today.

I will be in a hull balcony next Saturday through Wednesday. I'll try to let you know how it goes.

See! I told you you'd get upgraded without paying any additional money!

You'll love it. It will be just fine!

Karie,

who is getting anxious!

1 week and a wake-up!

Karie.... I paid 200.00 for the upgrade to the balcony. I've never gotten anything for free :(

And... I've been married to one of those "hosers" for 21 years.....

Bugeye......Our cruise is not until Jan. It is a 4 day Caribbean.

Thanks,

Katie

Archived