Oceania Tipping/Gratuities

Remfan

Forgive me if this is a repeated question, but a quick search only answered a little of what I'm wondering.

I understand that we will be charged a certain amount of gratuity for each day. What I'd like to clarify is what does that cover and does not cover. This cruise was a gift from my MIL and my first cruise ever, so I want to be sure DH & I will be following proper tip etiquette.

For example, does it cover tips for alcoholic drinks we buy individually since we didn't buy a package, or is that just automatically added on to the per-purchase bill? What about the wait staff? And then, how about when we use the concierge for dry cleaning or pressing? Do we tip each time? Same question for room service.

Our ship is Regatta and we are on Concierge Veranda level A2 if that helps. :)

Forgive me if this is a repeated question, but a quick search only answered a little of what I'm wondering.

I understand that we will be charged a certain amount of gratuity for each day. What I'd like to clarify is what does that cover and does not cover. This cruise was a gift from my MIL and my first cruise ever, so I want to be sure DH & I will be following proper tip etiquette.

For example, does it cover tips for alcoholic drinks we buy individually since we didn't buy a package,no or is that just automatically added on to the per-purchase bill? 18% will be added to your drink purchase

What about the wait staff? And then, how about when we use the concierge for dry cleaning or pressing? your room steward will look after the laundry & pressing... just put the items in the laundry bag with the form & leave it on the bed any charges will be added to your onboard account

you get 4 free pressings the cards will be in the cabin usually on the desk

Do we tip each time? you can or just give something extra to the housekeeper at the end of the cruise if you choose

Same question for room service. you can tip for room service when it arrives... you may not have the same delivery person each time

Our ship is Regatta and we are on Concierge Veranda level A2 if that helps. :)

You could post on the Oceania forum but here is the short answers

the daily gratuity is added to your shipboard account it is for wait staff & housekeeping since it is open dining you may not have the same servers

Edited by LHT28

Oceania adds tips to your on board account on a daily basis. Those tips cover your cabin steward and the wait staff in the dining room. If you dine in one of the specialty restaurants, no extra tip is required, but we always give a cash tip to the waiter and his assistant.

When you have your laundry done, it's not done via the concierge. You put your items in the bag that's located in your closet and give that bag to your cabin steward or stewardess. No tip is required and we've never given a tip for that.

Room service tips are usually $2 to $5 depending on what and when you order. If it's breakfast, we usually give a bit less because the order isn't as large as you might have for dinner.