cape liberty to baltimore

dakacz

We are doing a TA from Copenhagen to Cape Liberty. Does anyone have info on transportation to Baltimore, other than plane? Is there any transportation near the port?

The closest transportation to Baltimore is from Newark or Newark Airport via plane, train, or one way rental car.

Amtrak leaves from Newark Airport Station or Newark Penn Station. For Newark Penn Station you would have to take a taxi or book a car service for $55/65. For Newark Airport Station you would have to take a shuttle to a Newark Airport terminal $28.50/pp) where you would go upstairs via escalator or elevator to the Airtrain to ride to the Newark Airport Train station. There is no vehicle access to the Newark Airport Station, so you have to be able to manage your luggage to get there via Airtrain.

Price out both options. Newark Penn Station is a major station with more amenities if you have to hang out for a while and it has red cap service.

Also consider a one way car rental if that appeals. It could be a more cost effective option than you think.

Edited by 138east

We are doing a TA from Copenhagen to Cape Liberty. Does anyone have info on transportation to Baltimore, other than plane? Is there any transportation near the port?

I think we are on the same Vision TA.

We plan on driving to Newark and flying out from there to Copenhagen and leaving our car there. Then getting our car and drive home.

Since you are from Mt Airy I hope someone wil pick you up for the rest of the journey home

13 East I will be asking for suggestions for long term parking from you when time gets closer .

13 East I will be asking for suggestions for long term parking from you when time gets closer .

I'm booked in the 1/28/18 cruise as well!

If you're not spending the $20/day to park at the pier, you might want to consider driving up the night before and doing a park/sleep cruise through trinity reservations at the Ramada. I'm doing that for 2/7/17 and will be reporting back on my experience. Last year I got stranded by snow in Boston coming home, so my plan includes travel insurance plus the flexibility to accommodate snow events.

Long term parking at EWR is not cost effective when you add on the cost of transportation to and from Cape Liberty, and I don't recommend using the offsite discount parking in Bayonne unless you are comfortable ditching your car in a sketchy area for 12 days and riding a shuttle which might not be a licensed/insured livery vehicle.

I'm booked in the 1/28/18 cruise as well!

If you're not spending the $20/day to park at the pier, you might want to consider driving up the night before and doing a park/sleep cruise through trinity reservations at the Ramada. I'm doing that for 2/7/17 and will be reporting back on my experience. Last year I got stranded by snow in Boston coming home, so my plan includes travel insurance plus the flexibility to accommodate snow events.

Long term parking at EWR is not cost effective when you add on the cost of transportation to and from Cape Liberty, and I don't recommend using the offsite discount parking in Bayonne unless you are comfortable ditching your car in a sketchy area for 12 days and riding a shuttle which might not be a licensed/insured livery vehicle.

I was looking at someplace close to airport since driving up the night before will not work. I have read about SNAP parking it seems,they have gotten decent reviews

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

I was looking at someplace close to airport since driving up the night before will not work. I have read about SNAP parking it seems,they have gotten decent reviews

At current prices it will cost you $116(prepaid) less any coupons you can find. It will cost you at least $120-130+ for round trip taxi/car service to the port. It's $240 for the covered parking at the port.

If parking at any facility at EWR were a viable economic option, we would recommend it on a regular basis.

In Feb I'm paying $219 tax included for a hotel room, up to 21 days parking, and round trip port transportation.

What is your plan B for snow?

I think we are on the same Vision TA.

We plan on driving to Newark and flying out from there to Copenhagen and leaving our car there. Then getting our car and drive home.

Since you are from Mt Airy I hope someone wil pick you up for the rest of the journey home

We are flying to Copenhagen from Dulles. We plan to leave one of our cars at my daughter's house in Baltimore. She has a driveway with a garage. We can uber to her house when we get to Baltimore and then drive home. I wonder if we could use uber to get from the port to the train station. I'll also look into renting a car. Getting around with luggage is the problem. See you on the Vision.

We are flying to Copenhagen from Dulles. We plan to leave one of our cars at my daughter's house in Baltimore. She has a driveway with a garage. We can uber to her house when we get to Baltimore and then drive home. I wonder if we could use uber to get from the port to the train station. I'll also look into renting a car. Getting around with luggage is the problem. See you on the Vision.

If getting around with luggage is an issue, then you must take a train from Newark Penn Station if you choose Amtrak. There is absolutely no car access at Newark Airport station - Airtrain monorail is the only way to get there.

There is a taxi dispatcher at Cape Liberty. It will cost you $55-65 to go to Newark Penn Station or a car rental location at EWR. Don't know how or if Uber would work for a pick up at the port.

At current prices it will cost you $116(prepaid) less any coupons you can find. It will cost you at least $120-130+ for round trip taxi/car service to the port. It's $240 for the covered parking at the port.

If parking at any facility at EWR were a viable economic option, we would recommend it on a regular basis.

In Feb I'm paying $219 tax included for a hotel room, up to 21 days parking, and round trip port transportation.

What is your plan B for snow?

Our TA is August of 2017 so snow won't be an issue.

Thanks for the heads up about Trinity reservations all I'll need to do is change plans to drive up the night before.

I wonder if there will be an issue with using the stay and park package as I will be flying out from Newark and returning to Cape Liberty?

If getting around with luggage is an issue, then you must take a train from Newark Penn Station if you choose Amtrak. There is absolutely no car access at Newark Airport station - Airtrain monorail is the only way to get there.

There is a taxi dispatcher at Cape Liberty. It will cost you $55-65 to go to Newark Penn Station or a car rental location at EWR. Don't know how or if Uber would work for a pick up at the port.

Both Uber and Lyf both pick up from Cape Liberty and the price varies on type of ride you want from about 20 to $95

Thanks for all the info. It was a great help.

Have reserved a rental car at enterprise which is nearby,2 miles and a $10 taxi ride from the port. The cost of the rental is the same as amtrak and we don't have to make arrangements to get from Baltimore to home.