HOU-galveston help

Thenewsatchell

So Im flying to Hobby on halloween but our cruise leaves on the 1st. I was planning on staying at a airport hotel and taking galveston express the morning of the first to the pier. But when we return on the 8th, our flight isn't until 6pm. So my question is....do we stay in galveston and wait for the galveston express shuttle at 130pm (thats the first available) or just take a taxi back to Hobby? If we stay in Galveston, what do we do with our bags? Ive researched about The Strand and am sure we can spend some time out there. If we head to Hobby early, we can check out bags early but are there things to do near by in Houston? Its our first time in Houston/Galveston so I have no idea what to do.

So Im flying to Hobby on halloween but our cruise leaves on the 1st. I was planning on staying at a airport hotel and taking galveston express the morning of the first to the pier. But when we return on the 8th, our flight isn't until 6pm. So my question is....do we stay in galveston and wait for the galveston express shuttle at 130pm (thats the first available) or just take a taxi back to Hobby? If we stay in Galveston, what do we do with our bags? Ive researched about The Strand and am sure we can spend some time out there. If we head to Hobby early, we can check out bags early but are there things to do near by in Houston? Its our first time in Houston/Galveston so I have no idea what to do.

You might consider renting a car. Or, perhaps book one of the cruise line's Post Cruise Excursions. They offer some variety of sights to see, store your luggage for you, and then drop you at the airport in the afternoon.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We are staying that the LQ West Seawall next July to cruise with friends. They offered to park the rental for $50 but we decided to be nearer the Cruise terminal so we could get on the road as quick as possible since we have a 2:15 PM flight home, so hopefully no delays. We will do self disembarking.