Champagne Snorkel Adventure

macedontraveler

After reading several reviews of other excursions, booked this through X. Turned out to be a motorized catamaran, but with a good crew from whom we learned a lot about Dominica and the sites. Champagne was a bit disappointing, as there weren't many bubbles, but there were interesting temperature changes in some areas. The Labym site was a rather neat 'drop-off' with some unusual fish. Excellent rum punch on the way back!

• 1 month later...

We did the Champagne Reef by boat excursion. Not a colorful reef type excursion but we did see a lot of bubbles and our guide brought up warm water in a snorkel for us to feel.

• 4 months later...
Can you tell me if they provided floating vests with the snorkeling equipment or did you have to paddle to stay afloat? We are thinking of doing this excursion in January and need to know if we need to bring our own floating vests or not.

Thanks for the info in advance.

We just returned from 10 days in Dominica and visited Champagne Reef while there. They have full rentals on-site that includes the vests, fins, snorkel, and mask. We walked from the shore into the water and saw some of the most amazing fish I've ever seen while snorkeling! We were literally the ONLY two people at the reef, so it's possible we got lucky with the enormous amounts of fish to see.

We just returned from 10 days in Dominica and visited Champagne Reef while there. They have full rentals on-site that includes the vests, fins, snorkel, and mask. We walked from the shore into the water and saw some of the most amazing fish I've ever seen while snorkeling! We were literally the ONLY two people at the reef, so it's possible we got lucky with the enormous amounts of fish to see.

Thank you TravGrl, that is a big help.

My husband hasn't edited our videos yet, but we took our GoPro (first time use!) with us to Champagne Reef and captured footage of some BEAUTIFUL fish there!

Would love to see some of your pics or videos! Will be there next March.