Virgin Gorda Excursion

A1A

I am currently booked on Princess Cruises and have selected The Bath's at Virgin Gorda and Scenic Cruise. Can anyone that has done this excursion let me know some more about it? Since the search function is disabled I was unable to locate anything here or on Google.

Can we bring our own snacks and beverages from the ship? How long is the actual boat time and does this boat trip make any stops along the way? Any other information on this excursion would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers!

Ken

I am currently booked on Princess Cruises and have selected The Bath's at Virgin Gorda and Scenic Cruise. Can anyone that has done this excursion let me know some more about it? Since the search function is disabled I was unable to locate anything here or on Google.

Can we bring our own snacks and beverages from the ship? How long is the actual boat time and does this boat trip make any stops along the way? Any other information on this excursion would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers!

Ken

HI Ken,

We have not taken this one but it probably goes straight to Spanishtown, VG where you will board a taxi to the Top of the Baths. I assume the captain will take care of your passport requirements there if that applies. It should be a fast boat because of the distance, and if a nice day an enjoyable ride past the islands of STJ, JVD, and Tortola.

The Baths are very nice, and I see there are no ships in Tortola on April 9th if that is the day you're docked at STT so you should have an excellent day at the Baths. Most people have to endure a crowd but your timing is great. There are also many huge ships on STT that day so this excursion really is ideal for that day.

You can also enjoy Spring Bay which is a short walk from the Baths. Similar topography as the Baths but even quieter. The road to SB is just before the Top of the Baths where you'll be dropped. You can see the Baths and Devil's Bay along with SPring Bay on Google maps with a search of SPring Bay, Virgin Gorda.

Have a great day on VG and report back!

Edited by blue_water

Ken, on the one offered by Princess you will be required to take your Passport. This is stated in the tour description.

The only snacks you can take with you have to be packaged and sealed by the manufacturer. Eat a good breakfast.

Have a great time! :)

LuLu

~~~

Yes you will not be allowed to board a commercially operated boat to the BVI without a passport. And most excursions offer light snacks enroute, but on this one I'm not sure. It's a 70 pax boat which sounds like a ferry. But excellent choice for that day!

Thanks for the quick responses OCruisers and BlueWater! Good to know that we picked a good day with no other cruise ships around! I may have read or heard that this trip stops in Tortola to drop off folks doing the dolphin encounter there. Anyone know if this is true of have any experience on this St. Thomas to Virgin Gorda Baths Excursion?

Thanks

Ken

Thanks for the quick responses OCruisers and BlueWater! Good to know that we picked a good day with no other cruise ships around! I may have read or heard that this trip stops in Tortola to drop off folks doing the dolphin encounter there. Anyone know if this is true of have any experience on this St. Thomas to Virgin Gorda Baths Excursion?

Thanks

Ken

Please tell me when you gt back how you like this excursion. We want to do this on our Princess cruise in Dec.

Has anyone taken this excursion? Would appreciate a quick review! Seas, boats to transport, food/drink availability, time on island, etc! Any further info would be appreciated!

Cheers!

Ken

• 2 weeks later...

A1A: If you are coming into St Thomas, you will have a fairly long boat ride into Virgin Gorda. You will have to stop somewhere and clear Customs. You will have to clear back in on the way back. I don't know how you want to spend your precious few hours, but you will be cutting into your enjoyment time considerably.

Has anyone taken this excursion? Would appreciate a quick review! Seas, boats to transport, food/drink availability, time on island, etc! Any further info would be appreciated!

Cheers!

Ken

Sorry I thought this was a new poster...

Have you checked the cruise line site? You may find a lot of reviews there. I think it's a good choice based on your situation. Usually VG makes much more sense from Tortola but this is an opportunity on a very busy STT day and a quiet Tortola day.

Regarding customs, the charter will process your passports on VG so no delays there, you can shop for a bit in Spanishtown if you have to wait.

Edited by blue_water

• 5 weeks later...
HI Ken,

We have not taken this one but it probably goes straight to Spanishtown, VG where you will board a taxi to the Top of the Baths. I assume the captain will take care of your passport requirements there if that applies. It should be a fast boat because of the distance, and if a nice day an enjoyable ride past the islands of STJ, JVD, and Tortola.

The Baths are very nice, and I see there are no ships in Tortola on April 9th if that is the day you're docked at STT so you should have an excellent day at the Baths. Most people have to endure a crowd but your timing is great. There are also many huge ships on STT that day so this excursion really is ideal for that day.

You can also enjoy Spring Bay which is a short walk from the Baths. Similar topography as the Baths but even quieter. The road to SB is just before the Top of the Baths where you'll be dropped. You can see the Baths and Devil's Bay along with SPring Bay on Google maps with a search of SPring Bay, Virgin Gorda.

Have a great day on VG and report back!

My Report!

Once on-board, I received notification from Princess that our St. Thomas excursion which was the Virgin Gorda Excursion to the Baths had been cancelled. The paperwork we received indicated that it was for operation reasons; however the young man at the excursion desk indicated that it was because the numbers were lacking. He indicated that they require sixty people to run this excursion and have not met it all year!

Thanks for everyone that posted to this thread, it appears this was not a big hit for Princess this year, my guess I will not be around next year!

Cheers!

Ken

• 3 months later...