Joe Banana Limos

luvztocruise

We just used them for our Amalfi tour October 16th. Our ship was supposed to tender in Amalfi, but due to sea conditions we had to dock in Naples and stayed overnight there instead.

Our driver was a nice looking young man named Victor, he was waiting as we got off the ship in Naples holding an iPad with our name in large bold letters.

Victor lives in Sorrento, so it was a long way to pick us up in Naples. He drove us to Ravello, gave us free time there, drove along the Amalfi coast stopping for photos and then to Positano where we wanted to spend most of our time. Before sunset he brought us to a hilltop restaurant for dinner, which was lovely. He waited for us while we had dinner, then drove us 1.5 hrs back to the ship. We felt so bad he had to drive all the way back to Sorrento to go home. But he was very polite and sweet the entire day.

We have already booked JoeBanana for our next cruise in June 2014. We highly recommend them!

• 4 weeks later...

We had a wonderful experience using Joe Banana! From our prompt pick up at the port, to the excellent tour guide in Pompeii, the quick surprise stop to pick up a local pizza (someone was inquiring), fantastic lunch, the bottle of limoncello as a gift at the end and of course, our wonderful funny guide Paolo - I can't say enough. You will not be disappointed

• 2 weeks later...

We used Joe Banana Limos 11/30 for our Amalfi Coast tour from Naples. Paolo made the day very memorable and although we had planned just for Amalfi, Positano and Ravello, he also added in a 40-minute stop in Sorrento. We had lunch at a wonderful hilltop restaurant between Positano and Amalfi, and he went out of his way to help take pictures, offer an umbrella when needed, etc. He's a pro using a camera, that's for sure!

Would definitely recommend them to anyone. You will not be disappointed!

My partner and I were on Oceania's Marina Oct. 19, 2013 Rome to Venice.

Giovanni Guida at Joe Banana Limos was a pleasure to deal with from first contact. We had wonderful guides at each port. We could never have seen as much as we did without them. The service is spectacular starting with the pick up at the airport in Rome. In each port we had wonderful guides that enabled us to many wonderful things in addition to the highlights. They were always concerned with our comfort and wanted to ensure that we saw everything. The guides were so informative and many wonderful suggestions about things we were not even aware of. Laolo was our guide in Positano. He was exceptional. A charming gentleman who knew the best spots for everything. This was a beautiful trip and a beautiful part of the world. Joe Banana Limo's was FANTASTIC!!

• 4 months later...

A little late in posting this but getting to it now. We were 6 and had booked 3 excursions + transport from the ship to the airport. For all destinations the driver was there waiting for us with a smile. Their vehicles were very cleaned and comfortable for the 6 of us.

1) Naples - Our driver/guide Paolo was amazing, not only was very knowledgeable kept us very entertained. He was just super. During our Pompeii visit through Joe Banana we had booked a guide named Sasha and he was exceptional, If you visit Pompeii it is well worth having a guide.

2) Rome - Same as in Naples our driver/guide was Alex, at our request they had even booked tickets for us which gave us more time to visit the Coliseum. Very knowledgeable of the area.

3) Livorno (Pisa/Florence). Here our driver/guide was Francesco, along with others exceptional service.

4) Rome - Transfer from ship to airport our driver was Borsalona.

We highly recommend Joe Banana services, prices are very competitive and the thing that had also really impressed me was how quick he got back to you in answering questions. I had always received an answer no later than 12 hours from emailing. Keep in mind this included a 6 hour time difference.

• 4 weeks later...

We used JB Tours for a day trip from Sorrento - we had Paolo and he was a delightful driver! We had signed up to see Pompeii, Positano and Amalfi but after hearing from the group, he was happy with us changing things up and suggested we do Positano first, then drive through Amalfi to Ravello before hitting up Pompeii in the afternoon.

The day was beautiful, he was funny and charming, let us use his wifi hotspot in the van and use his charger when one of our phones was dying. Paolo was even kind enough to drive my mom and I back up to Sorrento after dropping the rest of the people off at the port below.

Nothing but good things to say about JB tours!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The Best! Prior email communication was excellent. Three major port all day excursions.

We (two couples) were met on time by the most personable and knowledgeable guides in private comfortable mini-vans (which we requested). Cost was below that of our cruise line.

Highly recommend!

Hi Karenbeanpole and Turalura, We were thinking of going with Joe Banana Limo for the Sorrento/Amalfi coast/Pompeii in November. We're thinking of joining a group or another couple, still haven't found one yet. Also, not sure if it'll be still open in the "off-season".. but do you know how long you were there? What time did they pick you up and then drop you off. Did you ever feel you were being rushed at each site? Thanks in advance

We were met at 9am and Roberto was waiting for us with our first tender into Sorrento. They are punctual. Our tour was 8 hrs. It is completely flexible in that if you want longer or less long, it can be adjusted. We never felt rushed.

If you need to form a group go into your roll call and ask people to join you. That's what I did and got myself a nice group of 8.

You can start the tour at whatever time suits you. If you email Giovanni, he is ever so good at replying so any questions you have he will answer. If Roberto is still around (he was getting married and emigrating to the states,but I think that's next year), ask for him as he is SO entertaining. His nickname is coca cola!

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Ditto to the good things said about Joe Banana Limos in this thread. We used them recently for tours of Florence/Tuscany, Rome, and Pompeii/Amalfi coast. Highly professional and trustworthy service all around from the three drivers and their coordinator. Arranging was easy through email exchanges. Everything worked perfectly. The vehicles were great. They provided us with water. The three drivers were very nice while providing great conversation and knowledge of the sites and Italian culture. They sincerely cared that we would have a great time. And we did.

• 2 weeks later...

We had a great experience. Thank you Cindy for your courteous and prompt responses to my abundance of emails! Thank you to our drivers Fabrizio (Rome) and Francesco (Florence/Pisa), who went above and beyond the call of duty to make sure we saw what we wanted to see and made honest and encouraging suggestions when we had questions. It was a great time in Italy, and I would recommend JBL to others, for sure.

When we left our cruise ship in Livorno there was our driver from JBL, Vieri. He got us from the dock into Florence in great time while providing important information about our day. The fact that he was born in Florence and christened in the Baptistry may account for him being the perfect source of information. Our goal was to sample the great city and though JBL had a"tour" they were able to tailor the visit to hit all of my goals for my children and grandchildren. I mention the group as the age range was 10 to 72 and all were thrilled with the day Vieri laid out for us. Since we got in early he took us up to Piazzale Michelangelo as he explained, "the light is good this time of day." From there he pointed out where our travels would take us. He helped get tickets to the Academia, met us at the exit, whisked us away to another part of the city, gave us a walking tour map while he made reservations for lunch for us at a perfect restaurant. He was always where we needed him to be while giving us the freedom to fulfill all our wishes for the day. On the way back he even made an unscheduled stop in Pisa for us to take the requisite silly pictures. Finally he got us back to our ship at the time promised. All in all, this is a truly professional agency that made reserving the day from the US easy, providing a clean, comfortable mini-van and the driver who got us down every little alley needed to make the day a success!

• 5 weeks later...

7th, 8th and 9th August 2014

Our party of 6 chose 3 private tours for our shore excursions whilst on a cruise with HAL - each in an 8 seater van, and tailor made to our request. From the first email enquiry, through the booking process, and the tours themselves, we cannot speak highly enough of our experience. We'd totally recommend Joe Banana Limos in a heartbeat! The vehicles were clean, air conditioning worked beautifully in the very hot weather, and we enjoyed the flexibility of a smaller vehicle instead of travelling in a bus with 50 other people. The tours were very cost effective, sharing between three couples.

We enjoyed all three tours very much – they were all different, but special in their own way. One definite advantage was that each of our drivers were from the area, so their knowledge was first hand and accurate. Their professional appearance and manner added to the confidence we felt at the first meeting with each of them. Payment was made in cash at the end of each tour, directly with the driver - we appreciated that we did not need to use our credit card via the internet to book the tours.

In Livorno, Nicolette was very efficient, and made sure we were able to fit in stops for photos, and see all of the sights, enjoy a lunch on the run, organising entry tickets as required, time for shopping, as well as advice in regards to leather goods, and gave us lots of information along the way.

For Rome, Georgio was also great – gave us heaps of information, took us to all of the places we wanted to see, and took us to a wonderful little restaurant for lunch. We had thought we’d just do a lunch on the run again, but were so glad he suggested the restaurant, as the atmosphere was great, food was awesome, cost was good, and he helped us with ordering our meals too. We’d heard that the traffic between Rome and the port can be lengthy, but Georgio ensured we were back at the ship in plenty of time, and reassured us early in the tour, so we weren’t worried at all. We appreciated the effort he took to make sure we saw everything we wanted.

Our last tour from Naples was the one we were at little concerned about, due to the change of the ship schedule, but Alberto was fantastic too. He rearranged the schedule, and also assured us we would be back at the ship in good time, which we were. He also recommended a lovely restaurant in Sorento, which we enjoyed too. It was good to go to the restaurants and have a little rest – our feet really appreciated it!

We enjoyed the company of each of our drivers, and hope they had a fun day with us as well. We could listen to them speak our language for ever - the Italian accent in English is delightful - Mamma Mia, Alberto!

A special thanks to Cindy – we truly appreciated the calls towards the end of each tour to check everything was ok – a fantastic customer service. We wouldn't hesitate to use this company if travelling in Italy again, and would definitely recommend them to anyone. We wouldn't change anything - a totally positive and memorable experience, and the absolute best way to utilise our time in each port.

• 1 month later...

On our cruise of the eastern Med on Celebrity Equinox earlier this month. Members of our CC roll call got together and had a wonderful time with JBL and our driver/guide, Nunzio. He was prompt, personable, and entertaining with his knowledge of Sorrento, Positano, and Ravello. I believe everyone was pleased with Joe Banana in general and with Nunzio in particular.

I also want to mention the excellent service that I received from Cindy in their main office. She is a pleasure to work with. We wouldn't hesitate to use them in the future.