How to choose a TA

I am looking for my first cruise now. Reading the forum I see that it is better to book through the TA than directly. Could you share your experience how you chose you TA? Would you recommend some that are reliable (it would be nice if they are generous at the same time, though maybe I am too demanding :)).

I chose mine because he accepts American Express points. I will save $3000 off the price of my cruise. I went ahead and booked a full suite because of this. Nine sea days and we will make good use of it.

The extras I received from my TA are:

Free shore excursion (up to $100)

OBC $85

bottle of wine

American Express will give me a $300 OBC because I booked a suite.

Next, I will look into opening a Princess credit card to receive their benefits.

Hope this helps!

Mel

We can't recommend TAs on Cruise Critic but I would suggest you go to some of the websites and get an idea of prices. Then call some of your local TAs and see what incentives they might have to encourage you to book with them.

We can't recommend TAs on Cruise Critic but I would suggest you go to some of the websites and get an idea of prices. Then call some of your local TAs and see what incentives they might have to encourage you to book with them.

Oh, sorry! It looks like I asked an inappropriate question. I should have thought about it myself. But maybe there is some section on Cruise Critic where the Agencies place there advertizing? If so - could you give me a link? I could not find it so far, but maybe it's just me?

Talk to people you know and trust to get a recommendation. That is what we did and we have aterrfic TA who takes wonderful care of us. I wouldn't select a TA based on an ad or recommendation from a total stranger.

Talk to people you know and trust to get a recommendation. That is what we did and we have aterrfic TA who takes wonderful care of us. I wouldn't select a TA based on an ad or recommendation from a total stranger.

OK, I see. I have been such a devoted independent traveler so far that I have no TA in mind. It looks like I will have to start "browsing" through friends and relatives... :)

• 2 weeks later...
OK, I see. I have been such a devoted independent traveler so far that I have no TA in mind. It looks like I will have to start "browsing" through friends and relatives... :)

You may want to consider an independent TA vs a large online company. A good TA will give you better service. Sometimes it is not only about the bottom line but also the service you receive.

You may want to consider an independent TA vs a large online company. A good TA will give you better service. Sometimes it is not only about the bottom line but also the service you receive.

Yes, I know this is important! I also need a patient on taking into account my habit of asking a lot of questions:)!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived