What to do with no excursion?

NewerCruiser2014

Hi! We have decided that we want to take a break from doing excursions at this port and are wondering what else there is to do. Are there any public beaches or maybe restaurants where you can eat and then go on their beach? Is there any shopping or things to do/see?

We didn't do this ( we went on an ATV excursion) but you can rent golf carts that looked like a fun way to see Costa Maya. If I remember correctly it was $70 for 4 hours.

If not get a Taxi to Mahahaul.

• 2 weeks later...

We were at Tropicante last week and it was great. I e-mailed ahead of time and reserved a table for two. It was just me and my dad and we were able to get a table in the shade which was perfect for us.

I also loved that they have a phone so you can all home for no charge. It was great to be able to check on my husband and kids back home. The guacamole was really good. There is also a few shelves of used books for sale in the restaurant and I found a book that my dad really enjoyed reading, so that was niceto have for the rest of the trip.

I second the suggestion for Tropicante. Just email Steve and he will have the loungers waiting for you. Gorgeous beach, great food and drinks - very friendly. This is a great way to spend some totally relaxing time. Taxi is $5 round trip.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Everything is walking distance from cab drop off...this is not a big city like Cozumel....here's another vote for the Tropicante, where BMG and the NCL Epic performers gang out when in port.....make sure you get a $25 massage on the beach!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app