Random Epic Questions

polarbear36

I've mined this forum for a while now in preparation for our 8/21 B2B. All the really important questions I've had have been answered, either by my asking, or by reading the dailies, or by reading the past posts. I'd encourage others to take a few hours to read the past posts before asking a question that was asked and completely answered last week. There is a wealth of information here, and thanks again to those who provide it.

Now, some completely off the wall questions. These may be too obscure to be answered, but on the other hand there are some pretty detail oriented people here. :)

What kind of gin is served on the Epic? It appears from the drink menus that were posted that Bombay Sapphire is available, but DW is looking for Tanqueray.

Has anyone on the Epic attempted to get two computers on the internet at the same time on the same internet plan? (Or do I need two internet plans?)

There was a thread on this, but no final answer I remember - there is a line in the dailies that reads "Batting Practice" out on the sports court. Has anyone seen what this is? I'm having a hard time believing they're going to have bats, helmets, a pitching machine, and a cover on the sports court.

Anyone fashioned a clothesline outside a deluxe balcony room? What did you use to make that happen and how did you attatch it?

According to the dailies, there is a lot of Wii play in the atrium. Anyone seen DDR (Dance Dance Revolution) played there?

Thanks in advance!

DH usually brings a wireless router when we go on vacation, and then uses that and we both use the internet off of that. That is during a land based vacation. Not sure if it will work on the ship! You can both use the same plan, if you aren't logged in at the same time though, as you log in with your username and password. We cruise NEXT week, so if I remember, I will post if it worked or not!

I've mined this forum for a while now in preparation for our 8/21 B2B. All the really important questions I've had have been answered, either by my asking, or by reading the dailies, or by reading the past posts. I'd encourage others to take a few hours to read the past posts before asking a question that was asked and completely answered last week. There is a wealth of information here, and thanks again to those who provide it.

Has anyone on the Epic attempted to get two computers on the internet at the same time on the same internet plan? (Or do I need two internet plans?)

Anyone fashioned a clothesline outside a deluxe balcony room? What did you use to make that happen and how did you attatch it?

Thanks in advance!

It's against the rules to hang things on your balcony (risk of flying away and causing environmental damage in the ocean). The showers have built-in clotheslines to hang-dry bathing suits, etc.

The internet access is both wifi and there's an RJ45 jack in your room. Getting the signal requires username / password login and send a single signal to the room. The router idea might work, haven't thought to drag along a router, but use one at home and don't see why it wouldn't work here too.

DH usually brings a wireless router when we go on vacation, and then uses that and we both use the internet off of that. That is during a land based vacation. Not sure if it will work on the ship! You can both use the same plan, if you aren't logged in at the same time though, as you log in with your username and password. We cruise NEXT week, so if I remember, I will post if it worked or not!

That's a very interesting idea, now that routers are so cheap, to just bring one along.

Now, some completely off the wall questions. These may be too obscure to be answered, but on the other hand there are some pretty detail oriented people here. :)

What kind of gin is served on the Epic? It appears from the drink menus that were posted that Bombay Sapphire is available, but DW is looking for Tanqueray.

There was a thread on this, but no final answer I remember - there is a line in the dailies that reads "Batting Practice" out on the sports court. Has anyone seen what this is? I'm having a hard time believing they're going to have bats, helmets, a pitching machine, and a cover on the sports court.

According to the dailies, there is a lot of Wii play in the atrium. Anyone seen DDR (Dance Dance Revolution) played there?

Thanks in advance!

Join our roll call, please. We would be happy to see you.

Since u have your bar bill, what were the prices for a mixed drink? ie: Gin /Vodka and tonic.

Tks

Carol

No idea. I ordered gibsons so they were a bit more than a mixed drink i.e. gin/tonics. With the extra buck for added tip, I believe I was paying 9 or 10 per.

Can anyone tell me which night is the lobster night in the MDR? I have searched it and have come up with too many answers. Trying to figure out which night I should plan to have dinner in the MDR and not in a specialty restaurant.:cool:

Snow bunny

How much is the internet package price for either wireless or broadband?

What are the "packages" that you can buy and how much are they?

This is my first NCL cruise,

So far, I know about the following:

Soda package - $50/person

Wine package - $120/ 6-8 bottles

Pub crawl - $25/5 pubs

Internet package - ???/ per day, per cruise???

Specialty restaurants - $10-20/person

Photos CD - $349 or sold individually - $10-20

Spa package - $119/person or $199/couple

What other packages are there?

Here are my random questions:

How much does the salon charge for a manicure/pedicure?

How early do the pools/waterslides open? I have heard that they stay open until 10 p.m.

Are there deck chairs that are not in the direct sun - under cover? How hard is it to get a deck chair? What are the best locations for deck chairs?

Are there lockers on the pool decks to put your card key, camera, glasses, etc. in while you are in the pool or on the slides?

Archived