Snorkeling Princess Cay

loves2cruz

Has anyone snorkeled here? Was wondering if the snorkeling is any good off the beach and if there is a particular place that is best. How is the clarlity of the water? Any good reefs nearby off shore and abundant marine life?

Thanks

Has anyone snorkeled here? Was wondering if the snorkeling is any good off the beach and if there is a particular place that is best. How is the clarlity of the water? Any good reefs nearby off shore and abundant marine life?

Thanks

off the beach is good snorkeling if you head out towards the breakwater.. there is alo a small sunken airplane there that serves as a haven for fish

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I have my own gear including a mask with corrective lenses...but I doubt they will have rentals with corrective lenses. You will get some correction in the water with a normal lens. I snorkeled twice this month off the Off Shore Pavilion which is to the left when you get to the tender dock; they have rentals there. The water was easy in and easy out, the water was clear and the fish were plentiful...I have paid a whole lot more for a snorkel excursion and got a whole lot less.

• 3 years later...
off the beach is good snorkeling if you head out towards the breakwater.. there is alo a small sunken airplane there that serves as a haven for fish

Can you be more specific about this location with respect to the different parts of the complex? Thank you.

MJC, hope this helps. When you get off the tender, keep to the left. That is the area that is most active. A short walk down the beach, you will see an observation deck which juts out over the water. That is pretty much reef in that part of the beach. You enter from the beach along the platform. It is a very short swim toward the reef area. It always has a ton of fish as they feed them from the platform. You won't have any trouble finding it.

Enjoy!

Edited by roysue