Transportation from MSY to Port of NOLA

bigdaddyvoges

If 2 or more people are going directly from MSY to the port, I would suggest taking a cab. As mentioned by the previous responder, the shuttle may make a few stops at some hotels before arriving at the port. The cost difference between cab and shuttle for two pax is basically negligble.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Anyone have any recommendations for trans from the airport to the cruise port?! TIA!

Enza

Hi. I just booked the Elation for a cruise in August and the cruise line transfers from MSY to the port and back to MSY after the cruise is $46 per person total. I think I'm going with that because it's $23 each way versus a cab being about $40. Plus it goes straight to the ship and to the airport.

Have you checked your booking on the Carnival site to see what the cost would be for you? It's listed under excursions you can book.

Cecilia

Thanks Cecilia I will check it out! We are 4 adults 3 kids, so I'm wondering if cab would be best. But I'm going to log into Carnival now and check!

Thanks!

Enza

A cab may be best for you guys even if it takes two cabs each way. You'd only spend about $160 versus $322 for Carnival's transfer. Wow...that's a lot no matter what you pick. I'm originally from the New Orleans area and the airport sure is out there.

Cecilia