Royal Website

Normally I would agree but I can't figure out how even RCI can have different pages for the same website URL.

It's complicated, but there are many factors. The website is likely not one single server, but a bunch of servers, load balanced, and maybe even geographically dispersed.

It's complicated, but there are many factors. The website is likely not one single server, but a bunch of servers, load balanced, and maybe even geographically dispersed.

Well said Bob!

There are many clouds in the sky after all and weather can be so unpredictable. ;)

Clear your history and website data on the computer that Royal's site is vacationing on. Seems to happen to me every time I try to go on their website but clearing the history always fixes the problem.

+1, clearing cache seems to fix this issue.

Edited by Biker19

Clear your history and website data on the computer that Royal's site is vacationing on. Seems to happen to me every time I try to go on their website but clearing the history always fixes the problem.

:confused: Well that didn't work. At least I have another computer.

Ha ha. IT person here. It could be gremlins but 2 possible reasons are this!

1) Load balancer that sits in front of the numerous web servers is sending some "browser" sessions to a faulty web server. So when the load balancer sends you to servers 1-8 and 10-34 you are fine, but if you are the unlucky person that gets routed to server #9 you get screwed. Yes they are supposed to be smart enough to remove misbehaving servers from dishing out information but it isn't a perfect science.

2) They might be doing content switching based on the browser/device you are using. So if you are using Internet Explorer you get sent to server farm 1, if you are using Chrome you get sent to server farm 2, or if you are using Safari you get sent to server farm 3. Sometimes when new updates come out for browsers it breaks stuff and can take the web people a few days to fix things. This is especially common with Apple stuff since they keep things pretty hush hush until "Go Live". The saying goes, if it doesn't work in Safari, try Chrome, if it doesn't work with Chrome, try Firefox, and if it doesn't work in Firefox, Try IE.

:D

Edited by zenworks911

1) Load balancer that sits in front of the numerous web servers is sending some "browser" sessions to a faulty web server. So when the load balancer sends you to servers 1-8 and 10-34 you are fine, but if you are the unlucky person that gets routed to server #9 you get screwed. Yes they are supposed to be smart enough to remove misbehaving servers from dishing out information but it isn't a perfect science.

2) They might be doing content switching based on the browser/device you are using. So if you are using Internet Explorer you get sent to server farm 1, if you are using Chrome you get sent to server farm 2, or if you are using Safari you get sent to server farm 3. Sometimes when new updates come out for browsers it breaks stuff and can take the web people a few days to fix things. This is especially common with Apple stuff since they keep things pretty hush hush until "Go Live". The saying goes, if it doesn't work in Safari, try Chrome, if it doesn't work with Chrome, try Firefox, and if it doesn't work in Firefox, Try IE.

Well that did it, thanks!

I'm using IE on win 10, when I tried Edge it worked. I'll remember to try that in the future, thanks for the replies!

Wait a minute, SAY WHAT???????:confused::confused::confused: