Weather in Sept.

Monkeycat

Does anyone know if Sept. is the rainy season?:( Been watching the weather forecast for Papeete and it doesn't look so great. Getting a little nervous as we're leaving on the Sept. 20 sailing. Oh well, nothing we can do about it now and still very excited to be going.

Where is can rain every day but oftentimes just for a few minutes… or just around the mountain peaks where the clouds 'hang out.'

One time on the Motu Mahana, there was a quickly arriving and torrential downpour just after lunch was served. Lasted maybe 5 minutes but coincided with a tender service and half the beach cleared out. The rest of the day was sunny, warm and dry with little evidence of it ever happening.

Have a super trip!

Thanks Twin. It has been nice reading how you and the others are doing and what you're experiencing so far down there, as we are on the next cruise after you. Hey, since you're experienced with PG and FP I have another question - the day we board, do you know if the PG has a secure area at the pier to store our larger luggage so that we might go into town after checking out of the IC? We would keep a bag with all our important docs, jewelry, meds, etc. with us.

Thanks,

Chris

For clarification, the PG will allow you to drop your luggage at the pier. I have done this as early as about noon. You have to decide your comfort level in leaving the luggage with valuables. They are left on the pier in a designated area and I would be relatively comfortable with leaving belongings there but I would not leave my passport or jewelry. I have left my iPad, camera, etc.

Larry, hope you are having a great trip.

• 2 weeks later...

Medic it was a great cruise.

We had 30 minutes of rain 2nd Taha'a day so maybe 1 hour of rain in 10 days. Last day on Moorea we had a little rain late. Afterwards the port side of the boat was being rained on and the starboard side was sunny. That was pretty funny. So that's two Septembers in a row that were great.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app