Italian Restaurant Question

janymac

We have never eaten at the Italian restaurant but will be on our next cruise. Can you tell me if you can order apps, pizza, and pasta and one entrée?

I know at the other pay restaurants, you can get as many apps as you want and one entrée.

The way the menu is done, cannot figure what you can order.

Thanks

janymac:p

We have never eaten at the Italian restaurant but will be on our next cruise. Can you tell me if you can order apps, pizza, and pasta and one entrée?

I know at the other pay restaurants, you can get as many apps as you want and one entrée.

The way the menu is done, cannot figure what you can order.

Thanks

janymac:p

Yes, you can order as described.

The pizza is good sized and to me should be shared as an appetizer or ordered as an entree.

I've seen people order entrees in appetizer size. Very flexible menu.

The bread they started serving last year is wonderful.

I also have a question ~ is it possible to do small changes in the listed menu items? such as the bruschetta lists anchovies...is it possible to ask them to leave off the anchovies?

I see no reason you couldn't get it the way you want it, within reason. But, if you do get the anchovies just save them and mail them to me. I love um, especially on pizza. lol

I hope you enjoy it. We always go to La Cucina at least once, usually more. I rank it right up there with Cagneys (yup, I said it. And for $10 it's a hell of a deal compared to Cagneys.)

I think it has a bed rep around here because most people think that Pizza Hut, Papa Johns, Dominos, etc, serve authentic Italian food. Then they get to La Cucina and are disappointed because their pizza doesn't come with a doughy chewy crust smothered in cheese and pepperoni. Or that their chicken parmesan isn't an over-processed pre-cooked flash-frozen piece of chicken-flavoured edible protein that the kitchen staff simply warms up in the microwave with a spoonfull of Ragu and a Kraft mozzarella cheese slice thrown on top.

-While on the Epic I had the 14oz ribeye in La Cucina. It was one of the best steaks I've ever had. Ever.

-My son and I always split a pizza for an appetizer, and take the left over with us back to the cabin for a snack later. Sometimes my wife and daughter will also order a (different) pizza too, for the same reason.

-They will always ask if you want anchovies in your Caesar Salad.

-They serve a fantastic Caesar Salad.

Edited by rajones007

Not to be a complete glutton :o, but I've seen it mentioned on here before about multiple apps and/or desserts in specialties. Can you order two appetizers, an entree, and dessert in all of the specialties? I have never been to Le Bistro, and there are two apps that look delicious to me...but I don't think I'd be able to pass up the chocolate fondue! I just didn't understand whether you have to forego dessert if you want two appetizers. Thanks in advance to anyone who can clear up my confusion.

I hope you enjoy it. We always go to La Cucina at least once, usually more. I rank it right up there with Cagneys (yup, I said it. And for $10 it's a hell of a deal compared to Cagneys.)

I think it has a bed rep around here because most people think that Pizza Hut, Papa Johns, Dominos, etc, serve authentic Italian food. Then they get to La Cucina and are disappointed because their pizza doesn't come with a doughy chewy crust smothered in cheese and pepperoni. Or that their chicken parmesan isn't an over-processed pre-cooked flash-frozen piece of chicken-flavoured edible protein that the kitchen staff simply warms up in the microwave with a spoonfull of Ragu and a Kraft mozzarella cheese slice thrown on top.

-While on the Epic I had the 14oz ribeye in La Cucina. It was one of the best steaks I've ever had. Ever.

-My son and I always split a pizza for an appetizer, and take the left over with us back to the cabin for a snack later. Sometimes my wife and daughter will also order a (different) pizza too, for the same reason.

-They will always ask if you want anchovies in your Caesar Salad.

-They serve a fantastic Caesar Salad.

First time on NCL coming up; you've made me feel a whole lot better about our UDP purchase. This sounds very good - well made vs. overloaded pizza and such

I also have a question ~ is it possible to do small changes in the listed menu items? such as the bruschetta lists anchovies...is it possible to ask them to leave off the anchovies?

Yes. I got the Cesar salad and the bruschetta both without anchovies. Also my husband ordered the lobster pasta and had them add shrimp. They had no problem doing that. Oh and the tiramisu is FANTASTIC!! I could of eaten 3 of them!

Anyone know if you're allowed to take left overs (pizza or entree) or dessert back to the room with you?

I've done it, but the restaurant asked that a waiter bring it to my cabin. Not sure if it's always done that way, but not a problem for us.

That's right. I had forgotten about that.

On the Star and the Dawn they loaded up the left over pizza on a plate and put one of those plastic room service lids on it and we were allowed to carry it out.

On the Epic they said they'd have it delivered to our cabin. Which they did. I believe it was in a small pizza box this time and seemed to have been warmed up a bit. It arrived about 30 seconds after we arrived and was brought by our butler.

(We never asked for anything but the pizza, so I can't speak for the desserts or entree.)

Edited by rajones007

On the Spirit when leaving Cagney's, we asked to take our dessert with us. We were specifically asked if we were returning to our room right away. If not, they would have someone deliver it to the stateroom. That was nice.

Edited by LrgPizza