Carnival freedom -- what I can take questions

Hi! This is my 5th carnival cruise and we're doing freedom 12/7. It has been a couple years since our last cruise though so I'm sure some things have changed. It's me, my dhh and our daughter turns 6 on the cruise :)

.here's my million questions :)

1. I can take pop on board right? How do you physically do it? We're flying in day before but probably taking cab to port. Our luggage will be full..can I take the actual case and put a luggage tag on it? Can I put w checked luggage? Can I take water and pop?

Does freedom have fridges in room? We have Inside cabin on deck 6 I believe

2. In past cruises we have always packed beer in our checked bags. We buy in port and put a case in a suitcase w clothes. Last time was 3 years ago out of San juan. Can I still get this through? ? Anyone done it recently?

3. Can you still bring wine on board? Cork fee?

4. How much is soda card? Is it still difficult to use? I read issue about not having pop at all bars? ?

5. We have also bought beer in port and walked right bsck to room w it...just walked by w it in bag...still possible?

We won't be drinking as much w our daughter w us anyhow but just curious. .

6. What's a bucket of beer priced now? Bud light or something similar. Only get this on lido deck?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

It's much more difficult to bring alcohol on board these days. At most ports the Carnival staff also check your baggage for illicit alcohol in addition to TSA, who don't really care. If they find it, they toss it.

You can bring 2 bottles of wine with you and pay a $10 corking fee (at last check).

I've never had a problem using my soda card everywhere. If your most visited bar doesn't have your pop, ask them to stock it for later.

If you bring back beer from a port, I've seen them take it from you and tag it. They'll return it to you the night before you return home just like they do with the alcohol you buy on the ship.

Usually the "buckets" are at one of the pool bars....not the inside bars!

Aside from the wine you're allowed upon boarding, that's the only alcohol you'll be allowed to keep in your cabin. Anything you buy in port will be held until the last evening.

If you bring a case of soda, put it in something will handles...bring an empty suitcase or duffle bag.

You can buy soda by the can, around $2.50 or so, if you don't buy the soda package. All bars will have some sort of soda....they use it to mix cocktails!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi ! I'm on your cruise and in an interior, 6th level as well.

I'm planning to take a bottle of wine and soda upon embarking and then buying bottles of water in Key West to bring back on the ship.

Lyannea