Solo on Carnival....double points?

Texas_Diver

No, but I wish!

I know that I read here or somewhere recently that at least one cruiseline does give you double points if you are paying double rate, but travelling solo. Forget though which one, or if it was a figment of my imagination.

RCCL gives you double points if you are sailing solo and paying the 200% solo fee. I just sailed on Independence of the Seas solo and I got 16 points instead of 8. It was a great cruise that was 8 days. Trying to sail on Allure on 11/2/14 but right now they want $1826 for an inside cabin. Refuse to pay that so waiting for final payment (which is tomorrow) so hopefully the price will go down.

You guys know that Carnival has promotions all the time, when they wave the single supplement. That's why I cruise only with Carnival.

Right now this is the promotion that they have https://www.goccl.com/~/media/GOCCL/Files/Sales/SingleOccupancy1.ashx

But before that, they had instead of 150 %, 100 %. You just have to stay on top of it, and check often.

You don't have to pay 200% to get the double points on RCCL. As long as you are sailing in a double occupancy stateroom, you get the double points. 3 points if you are in a suite.

I asked about this when I cruised and paid 150% and was told that I had to pay 200% in order to get double points. Now, this was right after they started giving double points so maybe its changed.

You guys know that Carnival has promotions all the time, when they wave the single supplement. That's why I cruise only with Carnival.

Right now this is the promotion that they have https://www.goccl.com/~/media/GOCCL/Files/Sales/SingleOccupancy1.ashx

But before that, they had instead of 150 %, 100 %. You just have to stay on top of it, and check often.

I haven't been able to find anything on Carnival with less than 200% in a month or so - even the cruises listed on the above sales flyer. Hoping they bring back the no single supplement sale or at least do the 150% again.

I asked about this when I cruised and paid 150% and was told that I had to pay 200% in order to get double points. Now, this was right after they started giving double points so maybe its changed.

If you go to the RCCL boards you will see where a lot of people got double points if they paid less than 200%. I would call Crown and Anchor and ask them give you your deserved points.

• 8 months later...

I paid 150% 4 months ago and got the double points. They'll give it to you on RCCL.

Cruiselady, THANK YOU for posting the SingleOccupany deals for Carnival. I love the Cloud9Spa ships. I just wanted to note for anyone interested, here's the 2015 SingleOccupancy flyer - https://www.goccl.com/~/media/GOCCL/Files/Sales/SingleOccupancy.ashx

Edited by cruisevv