Cruise Parking facility Civitavecchia / Rome

Fawkes66

For our upcoming cruise we'll be driving to Rome and need to park the car at Civitavecchia. The port map shows the parking area for pier 25 where I want make a reservation. It is called the Cruise parking facility on the port site (http://www.civitavecchiaport.org/civitavecchia-port-car-parking/). But if I try to make a reservation, the site directs me to a page with ALL the parkings in the area. For the life of me I can't seem to figure out which one is the right parking.

Has anybody used a parking in Civitavecchia. And if so which one. Were you satisfied? Which one do you recommend? Or even better: do you know which one we need to make a reservation at?

Thanks for helping out!

The site I get directed to is: https://www.parkvia.com/book/select/select.aspx?bid=d96c7641-9a87-4aee-a855-bf5111f37063&iid=49052005

Love to help anyone doing a driving trip (we love driving in Italy). The web site you posted appears to be private parking facilities...all located outside the port. We are not aware of any parking facility inside the port (perhaps we are just unaware). Not sure there is right or wrong....as long as the parking lot/garage includes transportation to and from the pier. As an alternative they might offer to take you to the port shuttle bus stop (also outside the port) where you can get a free shuttle bus to your ship....but we would look for a parking service that takes you inside the port to the pier (avoiding the shuttle bus,,,,just makes things a little easier). Otherwise, and all other things being equal, we would probably opt for a site close to the port (such as King).

We have never left a car at a port for a cruise in Italy, since it usually made more sense (financially) to drop the car before our cruise. If we needed a car after the cruise we could easily arrange another rental....

Hank

Edited by Hlitner

A few years ago, I believe that Royal Caribbean were using that car park for their passengers. Costa might have used it in past years, too, but I'm not sure about that. The last time I noticed it, it looked like it was being used commercially for fleet parking, since all the silver cars were parked together, all the red ones, etc.

We've used King Parking twice, and found them to be good, and secure. You can arrange for your car to be parked outside, or under cover. They dropped us off at the port shuttle.

Thanks for the answers. I just booked. It's 120 euro for two weeks parking. Free shuttles to the ship, inside the port, are provided. And Hank, I completely understand your answer. If my husband was by any chance willing to fly I probably would have flown to Rome. It is cheaper and yes, much, much faster. But we'll be driving our own car ;-) It is a 1600 km road trip from our home port (Amsterdam) to Rome. Actually a fun and interesting drive, that extends our vacation with a couple of days. Think Florence, Siena, Luzern, Luxembourg.

I figured most on this board would just fly in or have rentals, so that could be the reason not much info was to be found on parking.

I figured most on this board would just fly in or have rentals, so that could be the reason not much info was to be found on parking.

Actually, I would have taken the train, but then I'm a sucker for train trips through the Alps...:D

Thanks for the answers. I just booked. It's 120 euro for two weeks parking. Free shuttles to the ship, inside the port, are provided. And Hank, I completely understand your answer. If my husband was by any chance willing to fly I probably would have flown to Rome. It is cheaper and yes, much, much faster. But we'll be driving our own car ;-) It is a 1600 km road trip from our home port (Amsterdam) to Rome. Actually a fun and interesting drive, that extends our vacation with a couple of days. Think Florence, Siena, Luzern, Luxembourg.

If I had known you were from Holland it would have answered some questions :). We have actually driven much of that route (be we started in Northern France) and agree that it is a terrific drive...with multiple routes and opportunities. Unlike many on CC, we are not big fans of European train vacations...but rather only use trains as the means of getting from Point A to Point B. Nothing like driving a car to really see Europe (trains do not go everywhere).

Hank

Ha! So true! We took the night train to Rome, the last time we sailed from Civitavecchia. I totally agree with you, it is a point A to point B thing, if you're lucky that is! From Amsterdam to Rome takes a nerve wrecking stop in Paris, where you have to cross half of Paris by subway with luggage in tow, to get from one station to another.

Although we have a wonderful travel agent that is completely up to date on all the possible train routes, the car gives us more freedom to explore in our own pace :)

• 1 month later...

In case anyone else ever needs a parking during cruise leaving from Rome: We ended up with Giammauto Porto for € 108 for 14 days.

One day before our arrival, the car park called what hour we would come in to bring our car. They would make sure the shuttle was there to bring us to the ship. Upon arrival at the car park it appeared Giammauto is sharing parking space with KingPark and EuropCar. Although their English is not great, they could make themselves perfectly understandable. They told us where to park the car and loaded our luggage in the shuttle. It was a 5 minute ride to the ship.

The morning we arrived back in Civitavecchia, we called ahead to the parking before we disembarked and the shuttle arrived in 10 minutes. We found our car in perfect state, although the battery was down. That was soon remedied by one of garage employees and off we were. If we ever are able to sail again from Rome, we will use this parking again. Perfect service for a reasonable price.

Location of this parking is Via Tarquinia 17/19

For our upcoming cruise we'll be driving to Rome and need to park the car at Civitavecchia. The port map shows the parking area for pier 25 where I want make a reservation. It is called the Cruise parking facility on the port site (http://www.civitavecchiaport.org/civitavecchia-port-car-parking/). But if I try to make a reservation, the site directs me to a page with ALL the parkings in the area. For the life of me I can't seem to figure out which one is the right parking.

Has anybody used a parking in Civitavecchia. And if so which one. Were you satisfied? Which one do you recommend? Or even better: do you know which one we need to make a reservation at?

Thanks for helping out!

The site I get directed to is: https://www.parkvia.com/book/select/select.aspx?bid=d96c7641-9a87-4aee-a855-bf5111f37063&iid=49052005