How to get around amalfi coast in november

can0711

We are visiting naples in mid-november, and it seems like the train or sightseeing buses only operates until end of october.

We are looking forward to visit amalfi coast mainly positano, amalfi and ravello. How do we go around from naples at that time of the year. Thanks for instructions.

Also, in mid-November how is the scenery there? Is it still worth a visit?

Could you give a website for the train and the buses, because from my research, it seems like the circumvesuviana train ends in the end of october, and for the buses, it also end their services in fin-October. I searched the city sightseeing bus, and coop sant'andrea, positano shuttle.

The problem may be that the schedules are updated/changed in October. But they still run. (I have been in Naples in February for two weeks and Sorrento in March for another two weeks -- the trains and buses run.)

Here is one website with the Circumvesuviana info:

http://www.eavsrl.it/web/en/node/1895

And here is (I think) the SITA bus schedule info:

http://www.sitabus.it/en/amalfi-sorrento-bus-timetable/

Although euro cruiser is more of the bus expert than I am!

I used the SITA bus, Joe Banana Limos and Taxi (booked through Hotel). Check with you hotel you are staying with as sometimes they have great prices for transfers to/from their hotel. The Sita bus was pretty full when I used it but definitely better on the pocket book,lol. I used Joe Banana Limos for tours and transfers as well. I stayed in Sorrento pre cruise. It was AMAZING!! Going back again in July.

1. The circumvesuviana railway between Napoli & Sorrento runs all year round. Beware of pickpockets its NOT called the Pickpiocket Express for nothing.

2. Ferry services wind down from late October to April next year.

3. SITA buses run regular bus services several times dail between Sorrento and all towns on the Amalfi Coast . For timetables check out their website .

We just returned a few weeks ago from a 9 day Mediterranean Cruise and when our ship docked in Salerno we were met by our guide/driver/delightful human being (which I arranged via email to use his services ahead of trip), Anthony Buonocore. I had been browsing this board ahead of this trip and he came recommended and I see why. He is a delight and has a very comfortable vehicle and we had a perfect day! I would highly recommend his services and he can be reached at: buonocoreanthony@yahoo.it and I believe his website is: amalfitransfer.com

Having just returned for a trip that included a bus trip along the Amalfi coast, I can't imagine renting a car and driving there. In fact our tour guide commented on how exasperating it is for the tour operators to deal with naive drivers on these crazy roads and tiny little towns with no parking.

I'm sure it would still be beautiful, even in November. But it might be raining cats and dogs (as it was the day we were there, but still beautiful.) We walked around Amalfi (in the rain) and found it delightful. I'm not sure about Positano--it's very, very vertical--I'm sure the locals have very strong leg muscles, if you know what I mean. I believe lots of hotels will be closed by then, probably restaurants too.

• 2 weeks later...

I purchased a pass on the bus that runs between Sorrento and Salerno and was able to hop-on and hop-off at each of the towns along the Amalfi Coast. It was inexpensive and very practical. I don't know, however, whether it operates in November.

http://sorrentoitaly.ca/transportation/transit.html

The road along the Amalfi Coast is extremely windy - I would definitely recommend that you NOT attempt to drive along it.

I'm not sure if the Coast to Coast bus will operate in November but here's the current timetable, just in case: http://www.sorrento.city-sightseeing.it/orari_coast_to_coast.pdf

An alternative is a 24-hour SITA COSTIERASITA ticket that allows you to use any of the SITA buses along the coast all day for 8 euro: http://www.sitasudtrasporti.it/contenuti/Campania/bigliettiabbonamenti